Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales from the Greenhouse
25 May 2014, 23:30,
Tales from the Greenhouse
Hey everyone,
I thought i would start a thread we can share our current garden stories.

This bank holiday weekend i made a tiered planter out of a 210L barrel and some soft wood. Spent Saturday giving the wood a protective coat and planning and Sunday i made it under the kitchen window.

Planted some beans in one barrel with some perpetual chard and in the other i put in tome toms and peppers. Next project will be some guttering for the carrots.

So How is your garden coming.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

26 May 2014, 22:07,
RE: Tales from the Greenhouse
any pics would like to see that
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 May 2014, 12:14,
Planted some Lavender, planning to use that for smellies, soap etc

also planted a wee bit of parsley.

Due to my location, stealth edibles are all i can get away with
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
27 May 2014, 21:42,
Garden is doing really well. All the rain is swelling the soft fruit and I have high hopes of gorging on strawberries soon. Greenhouse is full of seedlings and the tomato plants are just starting to show flower buds. Happy days.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 May 2014, 08:26,
Greenhouse tomatoes are just getting their secong truss of flowers. I'm now fighting slugs and snails. The soft fruit is looking better for the rain and the onions should be good this year.
I had hoped to plant out a lot of things this week and sow beans, but the weather has seen that idea off, so I'm squeezing stuff on the outside shelving to keep it off the ground and getting waterlogged.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 May 2014, 10:43,
Just tomatoes in the greenhouse, but i did plant a couple of plum trees last year. one is doing really well the other not to good. Two apple trees also which have blossomed so hopefull on those.
28 May 2014, 14:26, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2014, 14:28 by SecretPrepper.)
[Image: image_zpsf152f0cc.jpg]

That is the build at the weekend I had some late frosts here so my plants are a little late

On the top I have Beans just started and chard and the lower levels toms and peppers.
The guttering I am trying to grow some carrots from seed
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

28 May 2014, 19:54,
been digging early spuds since mid April from poly tunnel planted on 10th of Feb very early this year also started broad beans first Strawberry's outside gooseberry s swelling well going to make elderflower wine this week in wild lots of fathen and wild garlic
29 May 2014, 19:38,
Nice job SP, great way to learn the skills, ready to upscale if the need should arise.
30 May 2014, 16:40,
That's just the job SP. Thanks for posting the pic.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart