Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Has Your Prepping Afftected You?
29 May 2014, 09:29,
How Has Your Prepping Afftected You?
Just interested, how do you think your endeveours have changed you and your view on life in general?

Are you more confident, do you feel safer or more fearful.

Does it make you happier because you have made these changes in your life or are you saddened that you feel you have felt the need to do so?

Do you consider yourself a bit of an eccentric or do you think yourself ahead of the game.

Me? Well, I'm glad I have my ducks in a row and I could definitely be considered eccentric, but at the end of the day I follow the rules of society.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
29 May 2014, 09:50,
RE: How Has Your Prepping Afftected You?
nothing wrong with being a good old fashioned English "eccentric"Big Grin I do think I am ahead of the game, certainly i'm ahead of "the masses".i'm always confident, and I consider myself an optimist.(glass half FULL rather than half EMPTY if you know what I mean).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 May 2014, 11:27,
The answer to your question are yes to all of them....I'm glad ive made the start and feel better for it but sad that I have had to....just hope I'm proved wrong about our future...Not eccentric just like to think of myself as a nondenominational realist patriot family man
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 May 2014, 11:56,
Ditto Big Paul's reply.

Satisfied to know that we're ahead of the game, although sometimes a little daunted that the more we learn, the more we realise our shortcomings....
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 May 2014, 11:57,
Since starting to prep, I have become much more aware of the dangers that are around, so in a way, I do feel more insecure. Having said that, although I'm not training as much as I should, and my current condition is pretty far from how I want it to be, I am still more than capable of looking after myself and my wife. Preps just give a massive advantage.

I do feel that having the preps in place is not only a good bit of fun (it's cool to imagine the fantasy zombie apocalypse idea...but we all know that's never going to happen), but it actually does have practical real life examples. The wife even suggested we both put in £10 for preps for our next shop. Super cool of her.

To be fair, prepping has enhanced my 'reason for being'. People would ask why I liked to shoot, to fight, to train, to climb, to build, and the alike. Well, now I can not only justify it, but I have a greater reason to focus on the activities I enjoy so much.

Like MTM, I look forward to being considered as an oddity and being proven wrong. However, I do think we are heading the way that'll prove me right.

Oh, and I'm not eccentric. I'm normal. Everyone else is weird!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 May 2014, 19:50,
I certainly find I am more alert to situations. I check out the news on a daily basis to make sure I am not missing anything; know where to get the best deals on things and have an eye open for any likely opportunity that might prove useful. Am I happier for this state? Er, not really, just aware that I am preparing myself for possibilities.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 May 2014, 21:57,
It does not matter if you are a "prepper" or not.

The storms still come, the tornadoes still flatten whole communities, blizzards still shut down the power grid for weeks during sub zero temps, the flood waters still rise and the wildfires still burn.

If preparation for these "normal" disruptions is your goal you have no need to feel anything except ready for a really bad day.

If you are prepping for the end of the world, which you are sure is eminent, but you still think it means everyone but you, well that is a different deal altogether.

They have meds for that!
30 May 2014, 09:15,
(29 May 2014, 21:57)Mortblanc Wrote: If you are prepping for the end of the world, which you are sure is eminent, but you still think it means everyone but you, well that is a different deal altogether.

They have meds for that!

just because you (and others) don't think that TEOTWAWKI is not a possibility dosent automatically mean that you are right and everyone else(who does think its a possibility) is wrong, try to think "outside the box" every now and then.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.