Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello sailor
31 May 2014, 16:31,
hello sailor
so the event has happned ,the uk is in bad way due to its large population.
so you decide to leave the uk for europe , your along the south coast you need to cross the channel.
the tunnel is blocked by water so you start to think about a boat cant be that hard the vikings did it and at dover its only 25mils.
so what do you do .
you have never sailed before
you know nothing about tides, winds or the stars.

anchors away ....Confused
Survive the jive (youtube )
31 May 2014, 17:13,
RE: hello sailor
This is why I'm looking into flying lessons.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 May 2014, 17:25,
no way brother, me and water don't mix!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 May 2014, 19:50,
Knowing what to do here should be on everyones list of things to find out. I'd be less bothered about navigation and more with basic sailing for the boat chosen. Myself, I'll be keeping the shoreline in sight while I navigated and I've already planned where I want to go if I need to bug out by boat.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 June 2014, 14:35,
Not a chance, Sunna, water and I do not get on well! I get seasick following a wonky trolley round a supermarket. I'd be a liability.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
1 June 2014, 15:40,
Be very weary of the sea, it is unforgiving and conditions can change very quickly!

If you do not know what you are doing it can be lethal. For example a couple of weeks ago someone was killed when their boat overturn in near perfect conditions - a bight sunny day and the sea was like a mill pond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-27076882
1 June 2014, 18:28,
I wonder what event would mean that flight to France by private boat is a good option. Being a refugee is never good, the French don't like us, their economy is nearly as screwed as ours, they are joined to Europe with no natural barrier against epidemic disease or migration.

I can see that taking to the water in a large boat, with a good stock of water and food, is a good way to remove yourself from a bad situation for a month or two. If the UK was no longer hospitable then perhaps somewhere like the Azores would be a good destination. One things for sure, if you leave it late you'll have to fight for that boat.
1 June 2014, 20:03,
I agree with Steve....being a stranger in a strange land can be difficult enough now but after an event!!!! people will become tribal and if you are patently a foreigner then I'd reckon your chances of receiving aid or mercy just took a huge nosedive.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 June 2014, 12:43,
(31 May 2014, 17:13)Scythe13 Wrote: This is why I'm looking into flying lessons.

lesson 1 climb on to roof
lesson 2 flap arms as fast as you can
lesson 3 jump from roof
lesson 4 never listen to me Tongue
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
2 June 2014, 13:41,
(2 June 2014, 12:43)Tigs Wrote:
(31 May 2014, 17:13)Scythe13 Wrote: This is why I'm looking into flying lessons.
lesson 1 climb on to roof
lesson 2 flap arms as fast as you can
lesson 3 jump from roof
lesson 4 never listen to me Tongue

Not sure what you mean mate. Can you show me how it's done, just to clarify technique Wink
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin