Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
driving force.
1 June 2014, 03:57,
RE: driving force.
Both my kids were driving at 12. My daughter was a natural driver and was one of those girls that was "12 going on 25" in appearance. No one ever questioned her place behind the wheel.

My son was the primary driver at my place when he was 14. I was a single parent and had some medical issues and was unable to operate a vehicle for almost a year. He had an official "hardship license" to insure his legality and insurance coverage.

I insisted that both my kids learn to drive both auto and straight transmissions as a survival and personal security issue.

You never know when you might have to boost a transport truck to get out of Dodge.

My kids were raised as "Prepper kids", even though the term did not exist, in our minds the concept was vivid. They were raised to be self reliant and capable with a clear concept that you do what you need to do to accomplish the task and keep yourself safe. If that meant driving you and your friends out of a bad situation in a "borrowed" car, so be it.

Age had nothing to do with it and the law was ignored if your personal safety was at issue.

We have a saying over here that is very applicable to these situations. "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Messages In This Thread
driving force. - by Sunna - 31 May 2014, 19:58
RE: driving force. - by CharlesHarris - 31 May 2014, 20:54
RE: driving force. - by Mortblanc - 1 June 2014, 03:57
RE: driving force. - by Scythe13 - 1 June 2014, 09:12
RE: driving force. - by Binnie - 1 June 2014, 10:08
RE: driving force. - by Devonian - 1 June 2014, 10:34
RE: driving force. - by bigpaul - 1 June 2014, 11:38