Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
could this happern here...?
6 June 2014, 11:17,
could this happern here...?
euro banks will make you pay them to keep your cash with them.
could you see this happening in the uk banking system.

http://http://www.theguardian.com/busine...osit-rates
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 June 2014, 11:19,
RE: could this happern here...?
link dosent work.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2014, 11:24, (This post was last modified: 6 June 2014, 11:27 by Sunna.)
sorry folks

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014...osit-rates

this dont look so good.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014...ial-crisis
6 June 2014, 11:44,
I was talking to my financial advisor a couple of days ago and he mentioned the possibility of negative interest rates being introduced in the Eurozone because those countries are suffering serious deflation risks.

He discussed how the UK and US however, unlike most of Europe are actually experiencing relatively strong economic growth and that these sorts of measures are not needed here in the UK as our economy is so much stronger and more robust now than most of Europe.
6 June 2014, 12:01,
an excellent reason for leaving the EU I think before they all drag us down with them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2014, 12:52,
its seems to me that its only germanys economic output thats keeping the euro zone going.
pauls point is a good one , the 2nd report i poasted re how a world or euro banking problem could affect the uk banking system is food for thought.

get out while we can...
6 June 2014, 13:53,
Napoleon wanted to "unify" Europe, as did Hitler, the EUSSR has come the closest to doing just that.
Our men who stormed the beaches this day fought against the very thing the EU is trying to force on us.
If you could have shown them what their country would become, I believe they would have turned round and gone home.
6 June 2014, 15:55,
A view from the USA.

Harsh austerity measures cause unrest among the masses when society has become a dense population whose survival is dependent upon government redistribution of tax monies.

A generation nor so ago you lived on an island with a moderate population density. Many peoples from other places came to your island to spend their money, alot of money, which supported a nice social safety network with free medical, welfare benefits, long term unemployment benefits, subsidized housing, a strong military, well maintained highway system, massive homeland security organization, government grants and low interest loans for college students, substantial government employee retirement packages, retirement benefits for the elderly, maybe even a modest space exploration program, aid to former colonies and other nations, etc. etc.

A government can do this when overseas money pours into your island from trade and investments, but the cookie crumbles once government can no longer fund those social programs. The natives become restless when they want it back the way it was when the population of the country was smaller and jobs were aplenty. So what does Parliament do? Turn their back on the unemployed lower middle class and upper lower class and say you are on your own figure it out? I don't think so!

If leadership makes it hard, but tolerable for the people, the human animal will adjust and go right on relying on the government support. If it does nothing society spirals towards civil disobediance, criminal violence and death. In the gravest extreme an attempt to overthrow the government.

Hard decisions remain. Many questions. I pray for you all whether you want it or not, because it can't hurt.

At the same time I count my blessings and point out to my neighbors who voted for our current President, wanting the US to become more "European" -- Be careful what you ask for!!!!!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
6 June 2014, 16:30,
The fact that the UK did not go "all in" with the Eurozone, demanded special conditions, and maintained control of your own economy and is now showing the strength and rewards of that decision has really pissed off the EU.

That combined with the election of such a strong UKIP presence in the EU Parliament, which was attempting do solidify their control and "eliminate sovereignty" has thrown them into a loop.

I was watching the news a few nights ago and the cry from Brussels was that it would be best to "cut GB lose" and proceed without their "negative influence".

We should also remember that deflation, contraction of growth and negative interest rates were all conditions that preceded the long plateau of destitution marking the last 5 years of the Great Depression of the 1930s.
6 June 2014, 18:00,
There are stern lessons for the US to digest from this. We are handicapped by having no strong third party, and the Republicans are just as bad in their "big government" policies as the Democrats, abandoning their Jeffersonian roots, whereas the Dems no longer resemble the party of John Kennedy or Harry Truman, but is dominated by leftists, being closet Communists.

What we need very badly in the USA is a strong third party which can attract the disgusted masses of both our current ones.

We need USIP!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA