Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
could this happern here...?
6 June 2014, 15:55,
RE: could this happern here...?
A view from the USA.

Harsh austerity measures cause unrest among the masses when society has become a dense population whose survival is dependent upon government redistribution of tax monies.

A generation nor so ago you lived on an island with a moderate population density. Many peoples from other places came to your island to spend their money, alot of money, which supported a nice social safety network with free medical, welfare benefits, long term unemployment benefits, subsidized housing, a strong military, well maintained highway system, massive homeland security organization, government grants and low interest loans for college students, substantial government employee retirement packages, retirement benefits for the elderly, maybe even a modest space exploration program, aid to former colonies and other nations, etc. etc.

A government can do this when overseas money pours into your island from trade and investments, but the cookie crumbles once government can no longer fund those social programs. The natives become restless when they want it back the way it was when the population of the country was smaller and jobs were aplenty. So what does Parliament do? Turn their back on the unemployed lower middle class and upper lower class and say you are on your own figure it out? I don't think so!

If leadership makes it hard, but tolerable for the people, the human animal will adjust and go right on relying on the government support. If it does nothing society spirals towards civil disobediance, criminal violence and death. In the gravest extreme an attempt to overthrow the government.

Hard decisions remain. Many questions. I pray for you all whether you want it or not, because it can't hurt.

At the same time I count my blessings and point out to my neighbors who voted for our current President, wanting the US to become more "European" -- Be careful what you ask for!!!!!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
could this happern here...? - by Sunna - 6 June 2014, 11:17
RE: could this happern here...? - by bigpaul - 6 June 2014, 11:19
RE: could this happern here...? - by Sunna - 6 June 2014, 11:24
RE: could this happern here...? - by Devonian - 6 June 2014, 11:44
RE: could this happern here...? - by bigpaul - 6 June 2014, 12:01
RE: could this happern here...? - by Sunna - 6 June 2014, 12:52
RE: could this happern here...? - by CharlesHarris - 6 June 2014, 15:55