Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Grid Preparing for the Risk of Blackouts this Winter
10 June 2014, 10:30, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2014, 11:37 by Devonian.)
National Grid Preparing for the Risk of Blackouts this Winter
With the real risk of blackouts in the next 4 winters, the National Grid is looking to major energy users to limit their power use during peak times.

http://news.sky.com/story/1279213/firms-...-blackouts
10 June 2014, 11:30,
RE: National Grid Preparing for the Risk Blckouts this Winter
well we keep being told this, at first i beleved it was just the ptb brainwashung us into excepting fracking , but almost weekly now different storys on the same subject.
one thing in common they all seem the talk of winter.
stock up folks.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 June 2014, 11:38,
RE: National Grid Preparing for the Risk Blckouts this Winter
I've been talking about this very subject for years, looks like the chickens are finally coming home to roost.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2014, 15:45,
RE: National Grid Preparing for the Risk of Blackouts this Winter
If the council would let us have the wind turbine we want, my hovel would be completely self-sufficient for eleccy.

But they got a complaint from the holiday home down the road, that we'd spoil their view, so the council said no.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
12 June 2014, 16:13,
but big company's can put up bloody great big ones ,and that's no problem funny how that works B
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 June 2014, 16:22,
one small mercy, the power companys are talking about this and trying to sort it out, as much as i prep i dont fancy power cuts and all that would mean for me.
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 June 2014, 16:30,
power cuts are normal life for small towns and villages in North Devon, where wife used to live was always having power cuts(faulty transformer or something).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2014, 15:55,
Looks like the fire last night at Didcot B is going to put even more strain on the generating system and any slack that there was in the system has now been well and truly used up.

http://news.sky.com/story/1356667/didcot...y-supplies

Also does anyone else find it strange that there have been 3 fires at power stations this year, each taking valuable generating capacity off line, and being events which are otherwise pretty rare????
20 October 2014, 16:04,
Got genny, candles,torches,fuel for genny,gas,oil lamps,,and oil ...wood burning range .....sorted..but that's why we prepp just for shit like this! .....I,m alright jack!
20 October 2014, 16:32,
(20 October 2014, 16:04)Straight Shooter Wrote: Got genny, candles,torches,fuel for genny,gas,oil lamps,,and oil ...wood burning range .....sorted..but that's why we prepp just for shit like this! .....I,m alright jack!

Yes I'm OK at home, all sorted there, but there are wider issues, especially "if" there are prolonged or unplanned outages.

Businesses for example are so power reliant that maybe companies will start asking employees to stay at home or use up their annual leave, or those on contracts will simply be told not to come in.

This could also then start hitting pay packets for those affected, many of whom are already struggling to make ends meet.

I don't think for one minute that this will result in any sort of collapse, but politically I can see this playing into the hands of UKIP.....