Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Shooting Clothing
14 June 2014, 23:06,
Summer Shooting Clothing
What?! Another shooting thread from S13?!?! Yeah, I'm working on this element of mypreps a lot at the moment, sorry if I bore you.

Today's shooting was in the glorious morning sun! Brilliant way to start a day!

With me being lazy and not wanting to set up a hide, I opt for a ghillie style outfit. Thankfully its super light weight. So under it I'm just in shorts and tshirt. A full ghillie would be a killer!

Have you thought about the practicality of summer shooting clothing? You need to cover your skin, as even the darkest skin tone will produce a shine! Camo cream is a bit extreme for me.

What do you use and how are you finding it?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 June 2014, 01:02,
RE: Summer Shooting Clothing
try one of these...

http://www.prettylittlething.com/easton-...wwodp64AfQ
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 June 2014, 01:39,
Over here our summer season has no legal game available. There are some predators to seek out, but we also deal with snakes, ticks, fleas, leeches and other nasty critters this time if year if crawling about in the weeds. Makes it hardly worth the trouble.

I am even very selective about my camping spots between May and October. There are some places in my region with concentrations as high as 400 poisonous snakes per acre.

Summer shooting is mostly done at the range, trap, skeet and sporting clays fields, while wearing walking shorts, tee shirts and sneakers with whatever cap best keeps our heads safe in the 35 degree heat.
15 June 2014, 06:57,
I was kind of expecting someone to respond with "Just hunt in the cool of the evening. That's when most food animals, e.g. rabbits, come out."

Fair play MB for saying about a cap. I do agree with that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 June 2014, 11:48,
In the Summer months I just wear Tee shirts beneath my Jacket or G/suit, but you do sweat a lot, especially with a Face veil or hat etc, which I believe is absolutely mandatory for concealment. I make sure I have two canteens of water and never take food apart from having breakfast as eating on a hot day makes you even more thirsty. There are no beasties I need to watch out for like Leeches or Ticks, just Mozzies which in the deep undergrowth can be a pain but are never too much bother.
Given such long daylight hours and an abundant food supply Summer can provide good shooting conditions. With the Trees full of leaves Woodpigeons can be easier to get into Air Rifle range, and you have so much more concealment to shoot from. Because of the short nights in Summer nocturnal animals like Rabbits have reduced feeding hours and you will find many of them still out and about in the early hours of a Summer morn.
The bottom line is that you just have to put up with the conditions as you need to wear something that covers your Arms and face to raise your chances of a shot. If you are only shooting for a few hours each side of Dawn & Dusk then a couple of hours sweating is not too much to bear really, is it?
15 June 2014, 21:46,
dont push me....

http://www.megafancydress.co.uk/products...wwodlXMA5A
Survive the jive (youtube )