Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunglasses
15 June 2014, 07:02,
Sunglasses
We all know summer means sunglasses.

Have you cached any sunglasses? It does seem an odd item to cache, however, sunglasses wear over time, they break, get lost, or get chewed by the dog (My wife lost her Gucci's to one of the pups). Then you have a problem.

It is certainly worth taking care of your sunglasses in the first place, but it's also well worth caching a few pairs too, just in case!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 June 2014, 09:56,
RE: Sunglasses
Tinted safety glasses are good, I bought some from Jewsons.
15 June 2014, 11:57,
Sunglasses!!! you live in England FFSBig Grin
15 June 2014, 13:21,
For me, WINTER means sunglasses, especially up here where the sun doesn't get more than about 8 degrees over the horizon.

If storing sunglasses, go for polarised ones. Removes reflections from water - good for fishing. Removes glare from shiny surfaces such as reflections from glass curtain-walls. Cuts through mist and haze. I wear mine in the car when it's raining. Amazing how much further through the spray and murk you can see.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
15 June 2014, 21:49,
What a coincidence, this morning I ordered a pair of sodium yellow polarising eye wear, mainly for fishing.

I'll try them when driving in rain. That sounds like a great tip. Thanks

(15 June 2014, 13:21)Tarrel Wrote: For me, WINTER means sunglasses, especially up here where the sun doesn't get more than about 8 degrees over the horizon.

If storing sunglasses, go for polarised ones. Removes reflections from water - good for fishing. Removes glare from shiny surfaces such as reflections from glass curtain-walls. Cuts through mist and haze. I wear mine in the car when it's raining. Amazing how much further through the spray and murk you can see.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2014, 01:03,
Protective glasses are also necessary when moving tbrough the bush, especially at night and for when bicycling or using hand tools.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 June 2014, 08:06,
i never wear sun glasses, as I wear glasses its not that easy to get clip ons so over the years I have learnt to do without, I have got a pair of tinted goggles though(I have also got 2 pairs of non tinted goggles).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2014, 23:04,
Mine are prescription ones. I wear glasses for driving and distance-vision anyway, so I had an extra pair made up as sunglasses.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.