Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come on, admit it!
20 June 2014, 14:51,
RE: Come on, admit it!
My best knife got confiscated by security at St Pancras as I was boarding eurostar. That will teach me not to carry!
20 June 2014, 18:53,
I'm not sure how well it would work these days in the EU, but when I was on frequent business travel, I would FedEx to myself a basic kit about 5kg of items, packed in a locked metal box, overwrapped in a cardboard shipping carton, to be held for me for pickup at my destination guesthouse or hotel. I would return the box to my office the same way at the end of my trip and never had any trouble. Similarly, on my trip to Italy several years ago I packed light, taking only a small trolley carry-on, and purchased local clothing, a pocket knife, and incidentals in a rural village in Tuscany when I got there. I spend six weeks there and I blended in, not looking like a tourist. Prior to departure, donated my used clothing bundle into the local church poor box and boarded my plane again with only my small trolley, any purchases having been shipped directly to the US via DHL with the proper customs forms.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
21 June 2014, 06:26,
Thanks CH. NR told me to do similar when I first joined the forum.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin