Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil unrest.
27 June 2014, 13:33,
Civil unrest.
piece about civil unrest in cities, I think its American but could well apply in any country: http://prepforshtf.com/civil-unrest-city/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 June 2014, 14:31,
RE: Civil unrest.
"Urge media" techniques used to influence information junkies.

What is urge media you say? Urge media is Mother Home Earth News for example. They feed their hungry audience with the information that they want to hear. It became a science for the KGB way back in the day.

Articles with alot of "university testing shows blah blah," "tests done at the Boston institute for global warming sciences", "leading researchers proved that blah, blah, blah", "well informed journalist in the region report blah, blah," according to officials with blah, blah, blah department" I can go on and on and on with these little "feeds" that try and make any article on any subject look well investigated and reported. before you start eating up all of these internet urge media pieces keep an eye out for this stuff. This is how a writer whether he is good or bad, right or wrong in HIS opinion cloaks his opinion in what looks like a well investigated report. About 80% of what I see tossed into the forum is this kind of material. It might be saying what we all want to hear but it doesnt make REAL. It just feeds the hungry. Sometimes just by pure accident or by design there is some ground truth to it but "some" isnt actual.

I know that it sucks when you find out that D.B. Cooper really was jailed and then killed in an escaped attempt. It sucks, we all want to believe that he is still alive but no matter how many experts who weigh in on the subject with counter arguments in the end he is still dead.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
1 July 2014, 18:54,
Come now CH, you know that if it is on the internet it must be true.

Even the government now quotes the work of the leading bloggers!

If the bloggers say it, and the government approves it then it has to be the right thing to think/say/believe/do.

Mainstream thought, don't you know. Conscious of opinion. Just like when "everyone" thought the world was flat, or the earth was the center of the universe. If everyone thought it, including the leading scientists, economists, sociologists, it then it must be true.

Angel
1 July 2014, 20:40,
It is bad, but it is so.

Smrt Fasizmu - Svoboda Narodu!

As I pour the "operational whisky"

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
1 July 2014, 22:19,
A trained Historian like myself Mort doesn't trust any "media" outlet per se, it behooves us all to verify the facts by independent investigation. I always defer to Sun Tzu and his adage
"All warfare is based on deception", keeping this in mind when considering the media is a must.
1 July 2014, 23:16,
(1 July 2014, 18:54)Mortblanc Wrote: Just like when "everyone" thought the world was flat, or the earth was the center of the universe.

Surprised to see this from you Mort, as the church told everyone these "facts" and those who argued were tortured to death. Of course the church has now altered it's opinion to match science, as it always does.
2 July 2014, 08:15,
WTF is going on with this site? I put a piece about what to do when riots hit the city and it ends up in a discussion about the church and whether the earth is flat, no wonder the site is going to the dogs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2014, 18:00,
(1 July 2014, 23:16)Steve Wrote:
(1 July 2014, 18:54)Mortblanc Wrote: Just like when "everyone" thought the world was flat, or the earth was the center of the universe.

Surprised to see this from you Mort, as the church told everyone these "facts" and those who argued were tortured to death. Of course the church has now altered it's opinion to match science, as it always does.

Why the surprise? My personal beliefs have little connection to any organized "church" and would preclude me membership in most.

The "Church", as the only organized entity and structured government for over 1000 years, was simply running with the consensus scientific knowledge of the day because it supported their cause. Ptolemy and others actually had the math to prove an earth centered universe.

The math was complex and convoluted, but it worked.

Just like the politicians running with the present day "climate change" trash science to increase their power and regulation capabilities. They may have to change some records and forge some signatures and doctor some numbers but they get their point across.

No one in the scientific community dares counter the consensus for fear of losing career and life.

The trash science scares the bejebbers out of the population and the politicians are given mandate to do something! They win by default.

Nothing changes when power and control are at risk. We have simply swapped the clergy for the politicians.

Same with prepping. Sometimes if you don't go with the flow, no matter how absurd the flow is, you get jumped by someone that is certain things simply have to be their perception of TEOTWAWKI.

And just like any other religion, perppers will ignore 100 blogs that counter their belief to post a singe link that supports them.

What CH is saying is that we are subjected to an endless stream of "links" that have no documentation, no references, no known provenience and consist of random opinion and are only referenced due to their support of another random opinion.

The blogosphere offers the same regurgitation of dribble no matter what the subject. No real documentation, no firm references, just the "leading experts" offering opinions as fact.
2 July 2014, 18:37,
I believe strongly that the following video explains much of what is wrong with modern society, as it illustrates why it is the antisocial behaviors of people are caused by lack of moral direction, more the ready availability of weapons. Every once in a while even Harvard University, quite leftist by US standards, comes up with something exceptional, and Clay Christenson of the Business School certainly serves as an example. Some of you may recall that Harvard BEGAN as a divinity school, as did Yale.
A great lesson for those who care to watch for a mere 90 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdlI_ZV...e=youtu.be

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
2 July 2014, 22:17,
Interesting read, BP, reminds me why I live in the country!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.