Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shtf but your not a prepper
21 July 2014, 14:30,
shtf but your not a prepper
how would you act, the shtf your not a prepper you have a few days worth of food at home the only thing you do know is you have to boil water to make it safe .
would you stay at home
would you go into town
you dont know whats happening , no tv ect.
if you try to think like a non prepper it may give you a better idea of wot may happen.
would you feel its safe to go out.
just how far would you go if you had a family at home.
remember you are joe public not a prepper what would joe p do...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 July 2014, 16:34,
RE: shtf but your not a prepper
probably head into town hoping to buy, beg or steal some food.maybe head to the council offices see if they know whats going on and what are they going to do about it
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 July 2014, 16:45,
Bit difficult to say what I would do as I've been prepping for some time so I know what I would do with or without stores.

I'm guessing though that most people would stay local to their homes, maybe a bit afield but not far. They would then leave it until it was too late and they wouldn't have the resources or stamina to travel far. They would then target their close neighbours.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 July 2014, 17:14,
Yes, tricky to adopt the mindset of a non-prepper if you already are one.

Even if circumstances meant that you lost access to all your preps, I'm pretty sure a prepper would handle things differently to a non-prepper, and probably more successfully.

That said, being prep-minded can have its downside. There's a lot to be said for the skill of being able to approach a situation open-mindedly and think on your feet to make the best of it. Being overly prepared can, I think, stifle this ability and willingness to think on your feet.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
21 July 2014, 17:15,
Having seen how some of my family behaved during a bout of bad weather. According to them, go into town and buy the essentials(bread, eggs, milk, fags), come home and wait for things to improve. Honestly, that's what they did, so I suppose most would do the same?

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
21 July 2014, 17:39,
bread and milk are the first things to disappear off the shelves in any event, I have seen it with my own eyes after the fuel protests. even at Christmas when the supermarket is closed for ONE day you see people with two trolleys heaving under the weight of.....bread and milk!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 July 2014, 17:40,
how many people would go to far from home , not knowing whats out their if youn have kids , or your ill , old or just used to getting your orders from tv .
at first folks in your street would be quite trusting and may group together to go into town or cop shop to see how things are going .
would you go or stay close to the family just in case.
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 July 2014, 18:03,
Tarrel,

True enough but there is a reason firms and the military train and test and that is so they don't have to make knee jerk reactions. We consider scenarios so we can consider the unexpected outcomes of each choice. Thinking on your feet is no substitute for planning although I agree we need to be adaptable.

There is a quote on the main site. Chance favors the prepared mind. - Louis Pasteur (1822 - 1895) It is but one of several quotes there around prepping. Think about them. They are there for a reason as most opportunities are not recognised as such until they are gone. Don't miss out by not preparing and thinking you are a quick thinker. You may be but if anything happens you will regret it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 July 2014, 19:37,
OK, so what is this supposedly standardized SHTF event?

Folks throw the term around as if it were the same incident at the same level of importance in all cases.

What people do is dictated by the individual incident.

Even non-preppers.

And for the most part the reactions of the prepper will be identical to the non-prepper in less then end of the world events. The prepper just might have more and better equipment.