Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Flaky is the Infrastructure?
27 July 2014, 14:44,
How Flaky is the Infrastructure?
Hi Guys - Its been a while as I've been otherwise engaged in other activities. I'm just poking my head above the parapet for a little 'peek'.

Question - How flaky is national infrastructure? I know we know a lot aboutn resilience plans etc both nationally and county-wide. I'm personally involved in some of this.

Whenever I look at results of exercises there is ALWAYS some "lessons to be learnt" which means it didn't go according to plan

Add to that the fact the a lot of the volunteers in the resilience community are well meaning amateurs.

Add to that the fact that professionals can only hold "the thin blue line" for so long. We saw this in the city-wide riots not so long ago. We were VERY close to the army being called out I believe.

In the event of a pandemic, numbers available will fall and we all know that things will start to break down.

People will sit still for so-long in the belief that "the government will do something". But when the food runs out, the electricity goes and Laura Norder goes AWOL, the resilence structures will fall apart.

I don't know but I'm feeling distinctly 'edgy'

Allons-y

Messages In This Thread
How Flaky is the Infrastructure? - by River Song - 27 July 2014, 14:44
RE: How Flaky is the Infrastructure? - by Bucket - 27 July 2014, 23:15