Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where have you all gone ...and why !
16 August 2014, 19:10,
RE: where have you all gone ...and why !
the pub idea is good look at diffo they talk about all sorts and dawn never has to get involved as most on that site use their heads.

make it somewhere people want to go , alive and kicking , music , jokes , news [all news] views , if folk get out of hand we have mods too.

mods, why cant we vote for them once a year , anyone can stand .

make bp a mod .

try new things/crazy things , if they dont work bin them .
Survive the jive (youtube )
16 August 2014, 19:39,
I think a stickied general Q&A thread would be helpful, instead of starting a whole new thread for a short query. I would contribute more but I'm somewhat limited in what I can do at the moment, due to being at uni and not having my own place. I'm still doing as much as I can, and will be posting more soon. Prepping has completely altered my entire direction and destination in life completely, so It's not a casual hobby for me!
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
16 August 2014, 19:46,
I think Devonian is probably right - most of the main info about prepping has probably been posted already - here maybe or on other sites. But, that doesn't mean that little nuggets of info can't be gleaned from the most innocuous of postings, and perhaps being a bit too strict on the content of postings is also restricting those serendipitous items of interest. Personally, I'm always interested in gardening threads, but then I aim to be as self sufficient as possible in that field. Others I am sure are more interested in weapons or hunting. Can we not have generalised threads on anything of interest to someone?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 August 2014, 20:55,
Perhaps a lounge or snug for chat will interest folks a bit, who knows, I would love to see SUK thrive again, but its definitely time for the next generation to take up the baton, it is what that vocal group pushed for earlier in the year.

Anyhoo good luck with your ventures, I'm off to finish typing the last four reviews I'm doing for a while ( Bearcat Radio Scanner, Oz Tent, Argos Water Butt Kit, Israeli Trauma wound dressing) so good luck to y'all.

17 August 2014, 11:01, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2014, 11:02 by Midnitemo.)
I'm still here lurking...trying to keep a low profile for a little while(iron's in the fire at this moment) just because something has been posted about before doesn't mean its done and dusted forever, reading about stuff in the old posts is a bit dry and things do change/progress, I have subscribed to classic bike magazine for a good many years and they frequently revisit models/issues/stories keeps the new readership interested.

I'm still here lurking...trying to keep a low profile for a little while(iron's in the fire at this moment) just because something has been posted about before doesn't mean its done and dusted forever, reading about stuff in the old posts is a bit dry and things do change/progress, I have subscribed to classic bike magazine for a good many years and they frequently revisit models/issues/stories keeps the new readership interested.

ooops

ooops
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 August 2014, 22:32,
I too have had home issues to deal with but have still kept prepping (albeit very very slowly).

As I am now 'better' - well recovering - I hope to become active again....

Good to be back!
17 August 2014, 22:59,
I blame the former labor Government for my lack of posting, them and the lizard people.