Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on positioning Solar Panels on homes
29 August 2014, 10:56,
RE: Article on positioning Solar Panels on homes
Now that I have made the initial move in the 'experiment' it has become clear that the 80watt panel will have to have a mate and this will lead to a different charge controller to handle the extra power plus possibly another 12v leisure battery wired up in parallel to give me a bigger 'tank'. Yes it is going to get expensive!!
But - if I am able to achieve all this - what will I be able to do and have? As already stated enough power for some good lights plus be able to power up my laptop if the battery is low and also be able to run my 12v t.v. to keep the troops contented.
With the setup as it currently is, on a cloudy day the battery is recharged by about 1pm - on a sunny day the same position is achieved by about 11am+abit. All this before the sun has got round to being anywhere near beaming on to the panel itself.
At this point I feel that 'going off-grid' may be just a step too far but for emergency purposes etc. it is sufficient - and I will have enjoyed playing with all the bits and pieces and learning something at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article on positioning Solar Panels on homes - by iaaems - 29 August 2014, 10:56