Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banknotes moved to scotland
16 September 2014, 11:56,
banknotes moved to scotland
with a worry that a yes vote will lead to a rush to the cash points.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...34658.html

and more reports of bad feeling between the 2 sides.

could we see a large problem , ie riots ect breaking out.

scotland has a long history of agro [the old firm ect]
Survive the jive (youtube )
16 September 2014, 12:27,
RE: banknotes moved to scotland
we used to see Scottish banknotes, haven't seen one for ages, anyone know if they still use them south of the border?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2014, 15:20,
It is up to the establishment if they take them or not. So some will but many won't.

I didn't realise that the Yes vote had so much power. I'd better update my preps for Scotsmen invading.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 September 2014, 15:24,
you'll soon spot them, their the ones you cant understand..a bit like geordies!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2014, 20:14,
yep, if Yes wins- the No folks are not happy.

and if No wins, Yes will be angry.

I expect a few fights to break out over the weekend, especially in Glasgow.

Long term expecting a lot of problems whatever the outcome. Pretty much bugging out of the way until a week after the vote (already postal voted), and keeping well under the radar after that.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
16 September 2014, 20:24,
Can't see bank notes being a major issue at this time, as if they do vote Yes, then independence won't actually happen for another 2 years, so plenty of opportunity to withdraw funds and transfer them to English (or other) banks.

But as Bucket says, expect unrest whatever the result, this has been one of the most unsavoury elections ever witnessed in a developed country and he one thing we can be sure of is that Scotland is now a broken country and that has been a single handed achievement by Alex Salmond.
16 September 2014, 20:44,
It sounds like an absolute shambles. I would be sorry to see a YES vote, but frankly I think the Scots have shown their true colours. Time to put up passport control!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 September 2014, 21:41,
(16 September 2014, 20:44)MaryN Wrote: Time to put up passport control!

Its all in hand!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ebate.html
17 September 2014, 10:38,
Quote:Can't see bank notes being a major issue at this time, as if they do vote Yes, then independence won't actually happen for another 2 years, so plenty of opportunity to withdraw funds and transfer them to English (or other) banks.

Need to consider the "herd mentality" - same thing that causes panic buying, etc. Remember the threatened tanker drivers' strike of a couple of years ago?
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
17 September 2014, 11:17,
(17 September 2014, 10:38)Tarrel Wrote:
Quote:Can't see bank notes being a major issue at this time, as if they do vote Yes, then independence won't actually happen for another 2 years, so plenty of opportunity to withdraw funds and transfer them to English (or other) banks.

Need to consider the "herd mentality" - same thing that causes panic buying, etc. Remember the threatened tanker drivers' strike of a couple of years ago?

Agreed, but it should blow over quickly.

I think violence and rioting is a bigger issue as emotions are running so high, particularly amongst the Yes voters and the Seriously Nasty Party