Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk navy
18 September 2014, 17:48,
uk navy
could the uk starve...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...warns.html

navy too small says tory.

sorry its a bit old , but worth thinking about.
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 September 2014, 17:54,
RE: uk navy
I've been going on for ages about what would happen if food imports stopped....I guess I was flapping my gums for nothing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 September 2014, 19:00,
In John Knotts defence revue around 1990 is they stated that excluding NATO and Commonwealth obligations the UK needed 29 Surface vessels just to protect the British coastal areas and maritime approach routes. The coast has not changed so how come we have fewer vessels than the basic necessary amount to protect our coast??

18 September 2014, 19:22,
because technology has increased the capability of these boats....

LOL. Just pulling your chain. You know as well as I do it is our incompetent politicians.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 September 2014, 01:15,
Urgh 1990 options for change .... went badly down hill from there....for the armed forces and me personally.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 September 2014, 11:13,
i think we cut back because of no more threat in europe ie sovet union.
we have always banked on being a island , it did save us in ww1&2 , expecting the uas to jump in and save us is a little dumb , the uas has changed so much in the last 70 years most yanks are not of europan stock these days.

we must look out for ourselves more.
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 September 2014, 17:09,
last time I looked it was still the BRITISH navy not the UK one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2014, 03:00,
Nope you are incorrect.

The proper name for the forces that protect the UK at sea is

THE ROYAL NAVY

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topi...Royal-Navy
20 September 2014, 14:10,
We are going to share some ships with the French. Great idea, what could possibly go wrong ? Sad
20 September 2014, 15:39,
if the French are up to their normal standard. probably turn and run at the first opportunity.