Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
britain running dry...?
21 September 2014, 10:18,
britain running dry...?
with all last years rain and floods , do you beleve this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...46455.html

or is something else up.
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 September 2014, 11:53,
RE: britain running dry...?
no I don't believe it, usual doom and gloom after the summer.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2014, 16:03,
their just might be something in it as i went through the online papers looking for storys this one was in most of them along with other global warming reports.
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 September 2014, 17:31,
must be a slow news day or their trying to get away from all the repeated stuff about the Scottish vote and the fallout.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2014, 17:48,
(21 September 2014, 16:03)Sunna Wrote: their just might be something in it as i went through the online papers looking for storys this one was in most of them along with other global warming reports.

I don't see it being an issue for the UK, we have plenty water, it's just it's not always in the right place or where's it's needed most! But that can be overcome as long as enough money is thrown at it.

Also desalination is becoming increasingly affordable and the oceans obviously have an endless supply of water.

Within the water industry (engineering world) there has been a lot of debate over the last 5 years or so about water becoming an increasingly scarce resource in places like the middle East and Africa, and the potential for water to become more valuable than oil. There was also a lot of talk about the next world war being started by the need to secure water supplies. But this is just dramatising the situation to grab headlines.
21 September 2014, 17:56,
its certainly not an issue for the south west, we'll probably get enough rain over the coming winter to fill up all the reservoirs in Devon several times over.
21 September 2014, 19:03,
(21 September 2014, 17:56)bigpaul Wrote: its certainly not an issue for the south west, we'll probably get enough rain over the coming winter to fill up all the reservoirs in Devon several times over.

Agreed, the last time we had restrictions was 1996.

http://www.southwestwater.co.uk/index.cf...cleid=9330
22 September 2014, 11:36,
Wasn't it last year their was a hosepipe ban during the wettest winter ever?

Desalination on a personal level isn't difficult. Boil salt water collect the condinsation from the steam.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

22 September 2014, 20:54,
Can't see it being too much of a problem here in East Anglia. If anything we get a bit too much water at times, which I suppose is in itself a problem at times.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.