Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another War looming?
29 September 2014, 19:06,
RE: Another War looming?
Well, I hope you folks are right and that it is all a storm in a teacup, but you know what, I suspect my instincts are right. It is just a matter of time.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 September 2014, 20:25,
MN you should follow your instincts and have a heightened sense of awareness. There is no question about that.

As for prepping for something you had not anticipated??? Are the preps you have not general purpose???

What can the "terrorists" do other than make it dangerous to go out, disrupt communication and transport, create shortages of goods and services and spread fear and panic.

If you are not prepping for that, then what have you been prepping for?
29 September 2014, 21:01,
Good point, MB. Yes, I do prepare for general purposes, of course. It is the prospect of general disruption to life and potential danger that bothers me. Where I live, deep in rural East Anglia, we don't see many of the problems associated with city living, but it has its own difficulties. I simply did not anticipate the potential threat of living with terrorism on my doorstep when I started out.
30 September 2014, 08:32,
Mary, an terrorism will be confined to the cities for maximum effect, your and my rural enclaves will not see any of this but might be affected by the consequences of it, maybe reduced power, reductions in public transport, show ID in public buildings, that sort of thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2014, 09:15,
"Mary, an terrorism will be confined to the cities for maximum effect, your and my rural enclaves will not see any of this but might be affected by the consequences of it, maybe reduced power, reductions in public transport, show ID in public buildings, that sort of thing."

Not necessarily old chum, there's nothing stopping them destroying power lines, poisoning reservoirs, burning crops, derailing trains, attacking rural leisure facilities such as sporting events, but generally yes terrorists like high density population areas but with ever more CCTV and electronic surveillance going on in cities chances are the terrs will start looking further afield.

30 September 2014, 10:14,
I'm just saying for example when the 7/7 bombings happened it did not affect us out in the rural towns, apart from seeing it on the news it did not affect our daily lives one bit. yes at some point it may get to the stage where they broaden their area of targets but for major impact the majority of the attacks will be where the number of potential victims is the greatest and that is the major cities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2014, 21:57,
Dont want to tempt fate here but how many nuclear power stations do we have ??
Lng plants oil refineries strike anywhere and anything and no one will feel safe anywhere and as was stated by nr reservoir s poisoning some of them would cause major panic
just because its not happen ed yet dont mean to say it won't

Like suicide bombers in London well that would never happen would it ?!?!?

We all prep for our own reasons but ultimately its to survive so prep the best you can for any eventuality and be more alert
bd
1 October 2014, 19:43,
I never thought about the potential for poisoned reservoirs. Do water filtration systems filter out poisons?
1 October 2014, 20:08,
(1 October 2014, 19:43)MaryN Wrote: I never thought about the potential for poisoned reservoirs. Do water filtration systems filter out poisons?

Filtering does not remove chemicals, it can only remove contaminants which includes pollutants, sediments and most viruses.
1 October 2014, 20:55,
how about derailing a train , easy to do , hard to stop or starting a fire on a ferry or petrol bomb a school bus.

it dont have to be guns & ieds.

if the aim is to put fear into peoples lives , a few attacks on the railway system causing some big crashes with lots of deaths on a unprotected system could almost shut it down.
Survive the jive (youtube )