Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "sound" of Silence.
13 October 2014, 13:21,
The "sound" of Silence.
it has always occurred to me that in this modern age where the sound of music playing, doors banging, children screaming, adults talking, car horns, delivery vans "this vehicle is reversing" etc.etc, I wonder if most people are actually AFRAID of silence and how they will cope with it once TSHTF...no traffic noise, no aeroplane noise, we will be able to hear even slight noises for miles(I can hear the noise of the freezer motors in the farm shop for half a mile and I can hear the chickens for over a mile and that's NOW .....and my hearing isn't that good ), will they be able to cope? or will they go mad because its so quiet?? discuss please.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 October 2014, 19:14,
RE: The "sound" of Silence.
Peace......lovely. It's really quiet here and I love it. I think people will adapt quickly.
13 October 2014, 19:45,
Oh, BP, the "sound" of silence, what a lovely thought. No, I won't miss the sound of cars, people etc. Just the wind in the trees, pheasants clattering around and the sound of things growing. Can't think of anything nicer.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
13 October 2014, 22:27,
Well that's me sorted BP I love peace and silence but its a good point .....I think loads of sheeple will fear the silence and will get spooked easy at the start of shtf ....but will get into the new norm....that could give us some problems down the line.......I wonder if they will hear the broadhead coming their way though.
14 October 2014, 08:35, (This post was last modified: 14 October 2014, 08:36 by bigpaul.)
i wasn't talking about us, about preppers, but about sheeple aka "the masses", I know I love the quiet and peace of the countryside after all those years in a city, but what about your ordinary citizen Mr non prepared, Mr ordinary...how do you think they will cope with the absence of noise? or will they just go crazy without all the normal noise???

(13 October 2014, 22:27)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well that's me sorted BP I love peace and silence but its a good point .....I think loads of sheeple will fear the silence and will get spooked easy at the start of shtf ....but will get into the new norm....that could give us some problems down the line.......I wonder if they will hear the broadhead coming their way though.

nice point SS!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 October 2014, 09:35,
its pretty much silent every night at my work, i love it.
Winter is coming
16 October 2014, 00:25,
Went back to visit my parents in Cornwall last month. Driving back the coastal route I pulled over due to needing a piss. Climbed a gate and relieved myself. Couldn't hear anything other than birds. Nothing there for visibly miles around. Felt like I would be able to gear a moth fart. It was something I had forgotten living in a city. I consider it quiet here, but it's not "true" quiet. The occasional distant ambulance or car alarm, drunken students walking hone and the odd fox or cats fighting and the occasional chav speeding a few miles away. I learn to ignore all this, but back in that field it was just the wind, my heartbeat and my piss.
16 October 2014, 08:50,
yes that's true, I can hear the traffic passing through to the next town, mostly locals and the odd delivery van, but the further I walk away up the lane the less I can hear it, post SHTF these noises wont be heard. I just don't think most people realise just how quiet it will be.
16 October 2014, 09:59,
I would guess it would be unsettling at first then we would get used to it. Some will go bonkers and top themselves but most will adapt.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 October 2014, 10:13,
sorry SD, people make so much noise now I think they are actually AFRAID of silence, in a SHTF event I think many will go crazy because of the quiet, maybe a lot will commit suicide, the others will make so much noise they will be taken out by others after their stuff.