Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police start unnanounced visits to gun owners homes.
16 October 2014, 18:18,
Police start unnanounced visits to gun owners homes.
now I know I was right not to get a FAC firearm!!!!www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/exclusive-unnanounced-police-visits-legal-gun-owners-begin-40860
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 October 2014, 18:45,
RE: Police start unnanounced visits to gun owners homes.
Can't really see that the police will have the resources to follow this through except in specific circumstances where concerns may have been raised by third parties. But even then, I'm sure most people store their guns properly anyway, so shouldn't be an issue.
16 October 2014, 21:59, (This post was last modified: 16 October 2014, 22:13 by Midnitemo.)
Going to be difficult to pin some people down if you don't make an appointment....I think this is scaremongering....chesire are currently taking 18 weeks to process applications because of high demand and staff shortages....how on earth are they going to fit in unannounced visits.

I don't mind if they do to be honest as they wont find any issues malpractices or discrepancies with me and its not like they are going to poke around your house....straight to the cabinets a quick show and count then see them to the door and job's a good un!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 October 2014, 08:14,
still wouldn't want them in my house and unannounced? what if your doing something else at the time you would prefer they didn't see? nothing illegal mind just something for opsec sake you'd rather you kept quiet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 October 2014, 09:23,
Totally agree there
Winter is coming
17 October 2014, 22:18,
They can come at any time you dont let them in thats the law they need a warrant or a probable cause ie. Life at risk that sort of thing
doesnt matter how law abiding you are with ive got nothing to hide neither have I but they have to abide to the law as well tell them make an appointment when its convenient for you if you must but otherwise no
we dont live in a police state YET so lets keep it tgat way for as long as we can
bd
18 October 2014, 10:24,
I think you are wrong Bowdrill. The Police used to need a Warrant, now they need nothing but probable cause, which is how they get around due procedure. If they want to be in your house you will not stop them, and if you try you will be arrested, fined and have all your weapons taken away and banned from holding them ever again. We do live in a Police state but are far too polite to admit it. The Police are nothing more than glorified Black uniformed money collectors for the state. We are the most heavily monitored people on the planet, yet we still spout that good old England still respects peoples freedom, whilst having more CCTV than any other country, including North Korea. The fact is we are in denial in this country if we think we are free, and the sad conclusion is that the majority of our countrymen are quite happy living as slaves in Golden chains.
18 October 2014, 10:52,
BD,

I think you will find a condition on your FAC and SGC that they can come and check them at any time. This does not entitle them to search the house though although as TH said we are in a police state so once they are in they could do anything they want.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 October 2014, 12:00,
BD you are wrong mate, once you agree to the terms of the licence the cops can call ANY time they like. I have had this discussion many times in recent years (and got vilified for it)

18 October 2014, 12:38,
I put the link to inform people, make of it what you will.