Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Umbrella's
26 October 2014, 13:49,
Umbrella's
OK, just picked this up from a junkie email that came through, but has anyone considered attaching an umbrella to their packs??

They have multiple potential uses, other than the obvious, including:

- instant shelter/bivi
- walking stick
- weapon
- rain water collector when turned upside down
- hunting hide

[Image: 3194hqsKwiL._SX466_.jpg]

[Image: 41A89MrVqhL.jpg]
26 October 2014, 17:19,
RE: Umbrella's
Years ago you could buy brollies from a place in london that were exceptionally high quality, gentlemen bought them because they were such high quality they could be used as defensive weapons as well as a brolly, they were made very strong with quite a thick shaft tipped with a hardened steel point.

26 October 2014, 17:21,
good idea never thought of that , my problem is my one is blue and white strypes...Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
26 October 2014, 17:22,
isn't that how the KGB killed a dissident Russian in London with an umbrella tipped with poison??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 October 2014, 17:36,
(26 October 2014, 17:22)bigpaul Wrote: isn't that how the KGB killed a dissident Russian in London with an umbrella tipped with poison??

Yes that was one of the theories that was put out.
26 October 2014, 19:28,
Skinheads and suede heads used to carry them as erm........ accessories back around 1970 they learned very quickly to improvise every day objects as weapons, such as brollies with sharpened tips, steel toe capped doc martens, steel segs fitted to the soles of brogues , alloy hair combs with the back edge sharpened razor sharp, even a few had bowler hats with razor blades embedded in the rim. Hey Droogie don't crash here !!

26 October 2014, 21:05,
It strikes me that a large brolly lined with the ultra-thin emergency blanket material would make a useful shield against thermal imaging cameras.
26 October 2014, 22:50,
I would like a Bothy in a tactical colour to do the same job as the brolly in the pic...but obviously all the Bothy's out there are brightly coloured on account of there being safety kit....just wish someone would do an olive green one.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
26 October 2014, 23:07,
I always thought Bothys were buildings in Scotland normally in the highlands, often white painted walls and a thatch roof???

26 October 2014, 23:27,
(26 October 2014, 22:50)Midnitemo Wrote: I would like a Bothy in a tactical colour to do the same job as the brolly in the pic...but obviously all the Bothy's out there are brightly coloured on account of there being safety kit....just wish someone would do an olive green one.

Like NR, not quite sure what a bothy is, but the ones in the pictures are "Fishing Umbrella's", so they are normally always green/olive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c...Caps%2C255