Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITALY right or wrong
2 November 2014, 11:35,
ITALY right or wrong
ITALY has stopped its med patrols , often these patrols pick up /rescue those heading for Europe in uvercrowded or unsafe boats.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/no...iterranean

right or wrong....?
Survive the jive (youtube )
2 November 2014, 11:47,
RE: ITALY right or wrong
It is sad for those that will drown but that is the risk these people take to leave their shithole of a country for a country with streets paved with gold.

I shall treat it like everything else I can't do anything about and simply ignore it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 November 2014, 11:50,
Its there prerogative.....it's a lot of money they are spending at a time they can ill afford it....my feeling is a lot of these craft set of hoping to be rescued before they get in distress, maybe just maybe some may not chance the crossing knowing there are no saviours bobbing about in the med.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 November 2014, 11:51,
aussies have an answer

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...89790.html

would it work in the med / channel
2 November 2014, 11:58,
Good on em....deal with the issue in real time rather than drag it out with unnescessary red tape and beaurocracy....well done diggers
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 November 2014, 17:35,
As long as they shelter refugees they encourage negative behavior. Just look at the impact of illegal immigration on the economies of US border states. Let them be buzzard bait in the desert or shark food in the Med and the traffic will slow to a manageable trickle.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
2 November 2014, 21:41,
I read all the hysterical rhetoric in the papers with a lot of interest. I am a bit confused as to why the UK has been so castigated - it wasn't our own decision to halt the operations, and we didn't have much of a hand in it anyway. Still, there you go. Italy is evidently now fed up to the back teeth with being inundated by a wave of immigrant flotsam, and who can blame her. It is about time that immigrants were made aware of their impact on the countries they aim for. I hesitate to call their actions thoughtless when they are obviously born out of desperation - either financial or general fear - but Europe is not, and should not be, an endless source of money for these people.

To be brutally honest, unless they are heading for the UK, in which case I suggest we fill the Chunnel and sink any potential ferries, I am struggling to stay interested. I am obviously entirely inhumane, and the words "rat's arse" spring swiftly to mind.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 November 2014, 03:03,
Please stop them in Europe lest Our Dear Leader Obama welcome them along with the Ebola patients!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
3 November 2014, 11:18,
I think westerners have just had enough of Africa and its problems , war after war , failed crops , too wet/dry yet another leader who keeps all the cash for him and his 20 wives, while his people starve , mass rape , tribal warfare , chopping all mens right hands so they cant hold a gun.

it just don't stop.

ho and blade runner toping his old lady in the bog.
3 November 2014, 16:41,
Think its a step in the right direction. Though as has been mentioned the Australian way has had some success. All the "you will not be homed here unless you come legally" and taking anyone who came via another means to Indonesia or wherever it was. They already demonstrated it was having an affect.

I think for a while they were loading the boat people in an unsinkable boat with supplies and sending them on their way.

It's not pretty, but you can't help everyone.