Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you......
2 November 2014, 18:07,
RE: Would you......
Well for me, for a long time I was thinking like BP, but now I am tending to think more like Sunna, though I am only talking about the immediate onset (the first couple of days), when most of the sheeple probably do not realise the longer term seriousness of the situation and TPTB are still in complete disarray and disorganisation.

Around this part of the world, there are too few police to be able to guard shops and stores and even in the London riots, they stood aside, so I think they would be otherwise occupied.

As for the military, again I would think that they would have other priorities, and are the staff and managers of your local Spar/Asda/Tesco etc really going to try and stop a mob?

So to me the biggest risk is from the actual mob, but most of the mob will consist of your neighbours and work mates and others from the local community, in those first days, they are not going to be as desperate as may be they will in a week or so's time, so I see it as being a free for all in those circumstances and an opportunity where you could probably easily double your food supplies (if you are quick to act). I would also think in these situations that robberies would be more against commercial premises, with people still nervous about entering domestic dwellings........big assumption yes!

And yes there is a risk in leaving your property to raid your local stores, you also need to be constantly aware of what is happening around you (situational awareness) and if necessary be prepared to either not enter and move on to another site or to get out leaving everything behind at a moments notice.

But not acting in this way, could leave you less prepared than your neighbours who have never prepped in their lives, but who did fill the car with everything they could from the local store at the first sign of trouble.

Of course the alternative 'safer' option is to do exactly that and blow all of your funds at the first sign of trouble before martial law is declared - if you are fortunate enough to see it coming.....

Messages In This Thread
Would you...... - by Devonian - 2 November 2014, 16:17
RE: Would you...... - by bigpaul - 2 November 2014, 16:25
RE: Would you...... - by Sunna - 2 November 2014, 16:54
RE: Would you...... - by Steve - 2 November 2014, 17:24
RE: Would you...... - by Midnitemo - 2 November 2014, 17:28
RE: Would you...... - by bigpaul - 2 November 2014, 17:42
RE: Would you...... - by Devonian - 2 November 2014, 18:07
RE: Would you...... - by Skean Dhude - 2 November 2014, 18:21
RE: Would you...... - by bigpaul - 2 November 2014, 18:49
RE: Would you...... - by Hex - 2 November 2014, 21:35
RE: Would you...... - by MaryN - 2 November 2014, 21:45