Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Members
14 December 2014, 18:21,
RE: New Members
As somebody who browses this forum but doesnt post, I think that one of the main reasons why people don't stick arround and contribute is because one of the first posts they read is 'A Rant' which is really unfriendly and unwelcoming. Fair enough this is a forum about prepping, but the parameters of acceptable topics is just too narrow to make it interesting enough for your average joe like me who likes to prep in his own way but doesn't feel the need to take a bug out bag with him every time he leaves the house.

This site could be so much more interesting if people were allowed to discuss the wider issues which relate to the need to be prepared all of which can lead to fascinating and informative debate.
Any fool can be uncomfortable.
14 December 2014, 18:45,
maybe you could start the ball rolling by explaining what you are prepping for??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 December 2014, 01:37,
nail on the head their mr barto ,
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 December 2014, 23:54,
(14 December 2014, 18:21)El Barto Wrote: interesting enough for your average joe like me who likes to prep in his own way but doesn't feel the need to take a bug out bag with him every time he leaves the house.

This site could be so much more interesting if people were allowed to discuss the wider issues which relate to the need to be prepared all of which can lead to fascinating and informative debate.

Now that's a bloody good post. We're not all carrying bug-out bags every time we go to Tescos ( although to be honest I do drive a van and have a decent kit in it Shy)

You'd be doing us a favour if you posted about "prepping lite", we need more opinions and I know yours are worth listening to.
16 December 2014, 18:00,
(14 December 2014, 18:21)El Barto Wrote: As somebody who browses this forum but doesnt post, I think that one of the main reasons why people don't stick arround and contribute is because one of the first posts they read is 'A Rant' which is really unfriendly and unwelcoming. Fair enough this is a forum about prepping, but the parameters of acceptable topics is just too narrow to make it interesting enough for your average joe like me who likes to prep in his own way but doesn't feel the need to take a bug out bag with him every time he leaves the house.

To be perfectly honest, I've never read the full Rant, though from what I can see it's jut SD as the Web Master stating his rules, but then who reads the small print on anything these days Wink

As for the range of acceptable topics, then as far as I'm aware, if its prepping related, then it's fine. Also there was a poll recently on the forum asking who was bugging out, who was bugging in etc and if I recall correctly 100% of the members who responded actually said that they were bugging in, so whilst a lot of people may have BOB's or GHB's, that doesn't mean we are heading for the hills - far from it.

There is also lots of discussion about different issues, everything from your favourite torch or boots to keeping chickens or pigs, to the consequences of societal collapse.

Not everything interests everybody, but everything will interest someone, so if you have something that is of interest to yourself (and the same goes for any potential new members), just jump in with both feet, post about it or ask a question about it and you will certainly get others joining in and offering help and support.
17 December 2014, 08:44,
I simply find this site very informative, but do not post very often. Several sites I have looked into were to say the least, a little excentrict!