truth at last
most of us thought this was happening

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-1995.html

now we know for sure.
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 November 2014, 09:44,
RE: truth at last
no surprise there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2014, 10:05,
Bit that makes me laugh is no data after 2011, where apparently the recovery started. I wonder why that isn't includes as we are in 2014 and they must have data till at least 2013.

Perhaps the recovery isn't, there was more taken than before?

No matter, this is a standard ploy for government statistics. Mark the boundaries carefully.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 November 2014, 21:12,
Sadly, statistics can be compiled and presented in many ways, according to the agenda of the publisher. Headline stats are rarely unbiased and are often hugely misleading.

However, major parties are claiming that immigration is actually benefiting the economy and I'm inclined to believe them - they have a lot more information than I do and are still sticking to this line even though it would be easy to get the Sun-reading vote by blaming migrants for our economic troubles.
7 November 2014, 21:44,
(7 November 2014, 21:12)Steve Wrote: However, major parties are claiming that immigration is actually benefiting the economy and I'm inclined to believe them - they have a lot more information than I do and are still sticking to this line even though it would be easy to get the Sun-reading vote by blaming migrants for our economic troubles.

The "major parties" are claiming that EU immigration has benefitted the economy to the sum of £20BN.

This article which is based on data from the same reports used by the "Major Parties", but is related to immigration from OUTSIDE of the EU - the major parties have not been so keen on sharing this snippet of information.
7 November 2014, 21:57,
NO i smell bullshit again.......all you can eat....its free
7 November 2014, 22:07,
(7 November 2014, 21:57)Straight Shooter Wrote: NO i smell bullshit again.......all you can eat....its free

Of course it is, because they are not taking into account benefits etc paid to UK citizens as a result of immigrants doing work which UK citizens 'should' (but don't want to) be doing.

But even if you taken the published figures, they are still saying we are around £100BN worse off, the question is just how far off the truth is it??
7 November 2014, 22:17,
""The "major parties" are claiming that EU immigration has benefitted the economy to the sum of £20BN.""

And the author of the report is the very same gentleman who drafted the report for Labour and the EU 9 years ago that said when we opened the borders to the Baltic states we would only get about 14,000 Poles coming to the UK, 980,000 Poles and 18 months later......
Oh and the report did not include the costs of detecting, prosecuting, imprisoning and deporting foreign born EU criminals and according to the home office ONE murder costs a total in excess of I million pounds to fully deal with per case.

7 November 2014, 22:25,
f..k me when is the penny going to drop....its taking forever.....i am now going for a lay down , get with the program chaps and chapetts
7 November 2014, 23:09,
Dev, your bold text doesn't seem to link to an article for me, perhaps you could re-post it, ta.

NR, Poles are not the problem - they're hard working and skilled - in my experience it's Lithuanians and Croatians that are starting a turf war in the UK. When the work started to dry up in 2008 loads of Poles went home ( or at least they went somewhere else ), and I have noticed that on the Isle Of Man ( where they have different benefit laws ) only Poles come for work.

A compelling reason to allow migrant workers is our own ageing population, it's not uncommon for people to live for 20 years in retirement and they haven't paid nearly enough in their working years to pay for this, especially given the huge cost of care for elderly people suffering from dementia. The welfare state was dreamed up when life expectancy and population was much lower, it was thought that people could pay enough in national insurance to allow them to live out their retirement on state pension and receive NHS care. This is no longer true.

Naturally there's a down side, migrants age too and they will need care / pensions, so importing workers can only be a short term fix.

I don't think there is a solution, people of my age ( early 50's ) will not get a state pension and I don't think the NHS will survive. The UK economy is screwed up, same as most of the "West", there is no cure, so aim to be as self-sufficient as possible or prepare to suffer.