Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban exploration
6 November 2014, 21:33,
Urban exploration
Been chatting on the E mail groups with some folks who came to prepping via their association with Urban exploration. These dudes go sniffing in , over, under and around buildings and structures in large towns and cities that have an interest for them often historical interests. What I found fascinating is these folks choice of kit is very very similar to what I think urban survivalists and preppers would choose to carry keep and store.

They do appear to like tunnels, cellars, underground facilities, old hospitals, phone exchanges, military structures etc and some of them who developed an interest in survivalism realised a lot of their exploration, photographing and documenting of these structures often provides them with places they can bug out to.

So if you are into prepping and exploring perhaps you could look up your local urban explorers and kill two birds with one stone ?

6 November 2014, 21:46,
RE: Urban exploration
I've looked at some of those Urban Exploration sites, some of the places they go have a kind of creepy feel to them - especially the old hospitals and underground stuff. I must admit, I'd enjoy exploring underground.
6 November 2014, 22:02,
Loads of places in North east done a few urbex this year. St Georges at morpeth ia great
6 November 2014, 23:13,
I think Subterriania Britannica also do some useful projects and visits.

7 November 2014, 09:49,
trouble is with sites like that, they are public so the place in question is well known about by many, so useless as a BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2014, 11:22,
Always good to look around your town for places you didn't know existed
Might find quiet refuge spots on the way to you BOL.

I recently watched a video on YouTube with urban stealth camping
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

7 November 2014, 11:57,
Urban stealth camping !!! that sounds bloody useful , like marking up wild camping spots in the boonies.