Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
29 November 2014, 14:15,
RE: Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
Long may they keep breeding they taste absolute delicious.

29 November 2014, 14:19,
All i can think off is SAUSAGES can be a dangerous pursuit come post shtf.
29 November 2014, 14:30,
its like anything else, be careful and don't do anything stupid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 14:44,
All i can think off is SAUSAGES can be a dangerous pursuit come post shtf.

Bugger that, Wild Boar, just chop its head off and wipe its bum and I'll eat it.

29 November 2014, 15:52,
a pig is one of the smartest mammals out there probably in the top 5 they will calculate learn and evaluate...they are squat and sturdy very low centre of gravity if they charge the tusks are at groin height and the almost certainly will knock you down....very dangerous.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 November 2014, 18:29,
(29 November 2014, 15:52)Midnitemo Wrote: a pig is one of the smartest mammals out there probably in the top 5 they will calculate learn and evaluate...they are squat and sturdy very low centre of gravity if they charge the tusks are at groin height and the almost certainly will knock you down....very dangerous.

That's a good argument for carrying some 9 ball buckshot, if you spend much time in woodland.
29 November 2014, 18:47,
iv tried boar on holls with mar n par in Europe , was a stronger tasting chewie / tougher pork .
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 19:40,
Good Wild boar roasted over an open spit melts in your mouth and has a very subtle earthy taste, and the crackling Oh my god its worth selling your first born to sample, Wild boar and fried wild harvested onions in a home made bun , Dear god I'm drooling.

29 November 2014, 20:07,
We had regular incursions onto our property by wild boar when we lived in France. They are one of the few animals we were warned to stay well away from - protecting their babies they can be fearless (but delicious!).
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 November 2014, 22:21,
Feral hogs are a nuisance animal in many US states, hunted year round. Best source of wild game out there. Poor rurales in Texas feed their families hunting pigs. We don't get as many here, but I carry a .44 cal. revolver when doing chores and I get lucky once in a while! Any "deer rifle" can do the work with correct shot placement, but nothing smaller than a .30-30, .44 Magnum or 7.62x39 unless you run fast and can climb trees!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA