Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its closer than we think
2 December 2014, 13:51,
RE: its closer than we think
I also think that if someone is going to be a prepper or survivalist we need our own PERSONAL transport, I wouldnt even be able to bring back all my food shopping on the bus never mind all the old tyres, pallets, blue barrels and all the rest of the stuff I get!!! never mind bugging out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2014, 18:09,
We are a long way away from intelligent machines. Everything you talk about, outside SciFi, is simply machines following instructions to provided input. Nothing intelligent at all.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 December 2014, 22:24,
You may be right SD, but consider this. The first flight was in 1901, 68 years later we landed men on the moon, things can move very fast regarding Human ingenuity. Also recently Stephen Hawking was talking about this very subject and how he thinks "AI" could spell the end for Humanity, does he know something we don't as to the advances being made in this field. You have to listen when an intelligent man of this stature says things regarding science?
6 December 2014, 22:30,
well steve Hawkins is bloody smart
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 December 2014, 22:50,
(6 December 2014, 22:24)Tartar Horde Wrote: You may be right SD, but consider this. The first flight was in 1901, 68 years later we landed men on the moon, things can move very fast regarding Human ingenuity. Also recently Stephen Hawking was talking about this very subject and how he thinks "AI" could spell the end for Humanity, does he know something we don't as to the advances being made in this field. You have to listen when an intelligent man of this stature says things regarding science?

I saw the Hawking interview and even what he was predicting was 100's possibly 1000's of years in the future, so nothing to worry about just for now......
6 December 2014, 23:34,
Like everything else we do we make things that try and replicate us. When we develop nanobots, much closer than AI, we will make them able to do anything programmed by the user. That is where it goes wrong as people can then use it to do things we don't want and they go out of control. imo Nanobots should have a limited span outside of the test tube and never be programmable outside the lab. So we would have nanobots to cure cancer, clean our teeth, clean our arteries etc. but not one to do all of these things.

AI is no different. If we had an AI in a box like computers that we used to manage our planet or a subset thereof but it didn't control things just gave instructions that we would be able to check as we followed the instructions. It's not perfect as one of Asimovs stories shows us but better than the alternative. Of course we will plug ours in, after all what could possibly go wrong.

Ture AI is a while away. What we have now is nothing but fast processing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 December 2014, 23:57,
Were doomed, doomed I tell yee DOOMED, Skynet is just around the corner.

7 December 2014, 02:02,
Stephen Hawkins ,speaks out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...08450.html
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 December 2014, 10:20,
He is an android anyway!!!

7 December 2014, 11:35,
Hawking is evolving into DavrosSmile