Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police withdrawn for own safety
9 December 2014, 11:19,
Police withdrawn for own safety
YES its politics again but I make NO apologies.

Last night the West Mids police at one point were COMPLETELY withdrawn according to Sky News for their own safety after a terror threat was discovered.

Which makes me think just how quick the general public may be abandoned by the police if a TERROR CAMPAIGN was initiated. Would the police withdraw and leave society to protect itself if a major campaign was launched against the UK?

After all there is a precedent when the police were completely withdrawn for nearly 3 days during the Tottenham Race riots for the officers own protection.

Look lets be clear about this I dont for one second think our police should put themselves in severe harms way, it makes sense they try to protect themselves from evil murdering terorists, BUT where does that leave the now completely disarmed public at large ??

IF (note I say IF) a concerted terror campaign by say Islamic extremists at public servants, cops, troops, council officers train drivers, etc and it appears the police MAY be withdrawn again for THEIR safety then surely we as survivalists and preppers have a moral duty to protect OUR families ??

http://news.sky.com/story/1388478/threat...ce-officer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-beat.html

9 December 2014, 11:56,
RE: Police withdrawn for own safety
When I saw this on the news late last night, my gut feeling was that they had received intelligence about extremists possibly wanting to carry out another beheading of a Solider/Policeman.

But as you say, no one knows where this could be going and it could easily spill out onto the streets affecting any of us....
9 December 2014, 12:09,
stay out of city centres because that is where it will happen for maximum effect= terrorism is all about the terror bit.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2014, 12:12,
(9 December 2014, 12:09)bigpaul Wrote: stay out of city centres because that is where it will happen for maximum effect= terrorism is all about the terror bit.

But there again if they did it in the provinces, surely that would an ever bigger terror effect as no one would feel safe anywhere in the country, plus they would stand a better chance of escaping....
9 December 2014, 12:20,
Yup theres nowt to stop them hitting an out of town Mall or Liesure or Tourist site , hmmm food for thought.

9 December 2014, 12:20,
yes but they do it for the maximum effect that's why they do it in the cities, no point in doing it in a village or small town with low population numbers, what would be the point? I think its very telling that the current threat is in the West Midlands .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2014, 12:29,
What makes me think more on this is how the government, NFU and Police say that thanks to concerted efforts by the police, government anti crime initiatives, the huge increase of CCTV systems in towns and cities that many criminals are changing to doing ONLINE crime and RURAL crime, So if town centres are getting to hot from crinimals Smile it could be to hot for nasty terrorist rotters and they could seek easier targets...................... Oh my god the Jam Butty mines and Nutty Slack works, or even Alberts Donkey skinning works could be next !!!! . Seriously though I don't think any of us on this little island can afford to be even slightly complacent any more.

9 December 2014, 12:37,
nobody said anything about being complacent, anybody who has spent any time living in a city knows about "watching your back" and being situationally aware, these days you probably wouldn't last long in a city if you didn't.
9 December 2014, 12:38,
(9 December 2014, 12:20)bigpaul Wrote: yes but they do it for the maximum effect that's why they do it in the cities, no point in doing it in a village or small town with low population numbers, what would be the point? I think its very telling that the current threat is in the West Midlands .

But surely if they attacked someone Cheshire or Market Drayton or Northampton or some Oxfordshire Market Town, then the shock would be equally as great, but then the people living outside of the Cities (as well as those inside) would be thinking this could literally happen anywhere........
9 December 2014, 12:46, (This post was last modified: 9 December 2014, 12:53 by bigpaul.)
i'll tell you where an attack is most likely and that's Wootton Basset where the coffins used to come through, now an attack there would be just the sort of place these people would pick for that very reason.

I suppose in theory it could happen anywhere even my back end of nowhere but there isn't much we can do about it apart from being aware of what is going on around us, mind you the smaller the place the more any stranger is going to stick out like a sore thumb.