• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on wood burning stoves
13 December 2014, 19:51,
Interesting article on wood burning stoves
Summary
200,000 a year now being installed
wood costs about 2.5 p a therm compared to 4 p for gas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgag...bills.html

14 December 2014, 15:29, (This post was last modified: 14 December 2014, 15:29 by Lightspeed.)
RE: Interesting article on wood burning stoves
If they become too popular the HMRC, hiding behind anti-smog declarations, will start taxing wood, house chimneys, etc etc
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

14 December 2014, 15:43,
some areas are declared "smoke free" not that this will make any difference post SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 December 2014, 15:44,
good point ls , iv heated my home now for over 20yrs for free on scrap wood , the more folk who buy these things will all be looking for free wood and as soon as people see a market for it a price will follow.

a lot of the rural factory units around by me now heat them with scrap wood , you cant blame them , many building sites used to throw the chippys off cuts in the skip [easy one for me] but now days I don't bother theirs always someone on site takeing them home.

the next thing we will see is folk chopping down other peoples trees , as the cost to keep warm goes up and up.

this has already started around here , people have had their log piles raided , also oil tanks and red d .
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 December 2014, 17:37,
LS I think they already charge VAT on CUT firewood.

23 December 2014, 11:58,
Most residential areas are smoke free - rule of thumb is, if you have mains gas, you will be in a smoke free area. However, if you are a smoke free zone, just buy a DEFRA approved stove.

Dont have a problem collecting scrap pallets, could easily get 15 a day from the couple of factories I have permission from at the moment.