Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum blues
12 January 2015, 14:00,
forum blues
why do the threads drop off the screen so quickly , you just get up to 5/6 threads then their gone.
is this site being run down on purpose , what image is given to the public.
their use to be a page or two of threads , this will keep folks intrest , just wiping them all off every day or so don't help suk.

why...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 January 2015, 15:05,
RE: forum blues
its because NR and S13 and last but not least BP bugged off
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 January 2015, 17:14,
(12 January 2015, 15:05)Barneyboy Wrote: its because NR and S13 and last but not least BP bugged off

Plus no new members joining............
12 January 2015, 17:58,
It's a shame NR really used to bigup SUK so much, over all not a bad forum although there are a couple of reasons I can guess you don't get new members compared to other forums.

New members isn't so much an issue as active members this post alone has been viewed over 20 times and virtually no replies, my guess is because it's kinda whiny and not really survival/prep related.

NR is good for starting threads on survivalism and preparedness they often generate discussion and if he can be bothered offer something of interest to most people, I also always found him willing to listen to differing view points even if he disagreed. I don't blame him taking a time out after getting stabbed in the back, he'll probably be back once he's recharged his batteries.

Maybe you more active members should start some actual discussion/informative threads?

Just some thoughts from an outsider looking in Wink
12 January 2015, 21:57, (This post was last modified: 13 January 2015, 00:05 by Devonian.)
## Comments removed - Dev ##

could the site just slow down the threads droping off the page , easy answer...Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 January 2015, 21:59,
Dev, regarding no new members. I've clicked to go onto the main site several times over the last week or so & all I get is a plain white screen. If people can't see the site, they can't/won't join.

That's not meant in any negative sort of way, it's just a shame as this is the only forum I visit & it's getting quieter & quieter.
13 January 2015, 00:03, (This post was last modified: 13 January 2015, 00:09 by Devonian.)
(12 January 2015, 21:59)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Dev, regarding no new members. I've clicked to go onto the main site several times over the last week or so & all I get is a plain white screen. If people can't see the site, they can't/won't join.

That's not meant in any negative sort of way, it's just a shame as this is the only forum I visit & it's getting quieter & quieter.

I totally agree, the Main site is rarely accessible these days and that makes it impossible for new members to sign up.

But also by having the entire site visible to non-members, there is no incentive for new members to sign up as they don't need to and so this is also causing the site to slowly die - just my personal opinion Wink

Obviously it's SD's site and it's up to him how he wants it set up, but 2 things I would recommend to try and encourage new members which in turn should help to increase participation would be:

1. Have a simpler sign up process which has nothing to do with the main site.....

2. Restrict access to the majority of the forums to members only

(12 January 2015, 21:57)Sunna Wrote: could the site just slow down the threads droping off the page , easy answer...Smile

I don't know what you mean about threads dropping off the page??

If you click on 'View New Posts' it will show you the new posts since your last visit.

If you click on 'View Today's Posts' it will show you all posts made in the last 24 hours - if there are few posts here, it simply means people have not made any/many posts, there is no way of making them disappear more slowly!
13 January 2015, 01:53,
A site is what YOU make it.

Quit your whining and post something of substance.

Get out and do something,

make something and post a picture,

ask a question,

answer a question.
14 January 2015, 06:02,
"2. Restrict access to the majority of the forums to members only"

I was of necessity, away for a while, then just viewing quietly, with little to add but for this comment, how on earth would restricting access encourage new activity?

14 January 2015, 10:17,
GG, I think the idea is restrict access to members only so if people want to view the forum, they need to sign up 1st. Then with new people comes new ideas & questions = more forum content.

I'm not a fan of this method as before I joined, I got to see exactly what it was before I signed upto anything. That said, I can see the other side of the argument aswell.