Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trad or modern
1 February 2015, 15:00, (This post was last modified: 1 February 2015, 15:13 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: trad or modern
A mixture for me, but certain things will always be traditional. Modern Goretex clothing and the like is over rated in my book, nothing keeps you warm like Wool, and it works when wet, same with Boots, good leather boots although heavier keep your feet toasty and dry if you treat them properly. Waxed Barbour all the way for me as outer shell, lasts for Donkey's years and never goes out of styleBig Grin Tent and shelter wise it's modern all the way, just because of the weight of oiled/Waxed canvas. Although I do secretly desire the old fashioned Bell tent with a small wood burning stove.

Just nicely got back from a few hours shooting on the East Yorkshire Wolds and it was not nice at all. Howling Wind, Snow and Sleet made for an interesting time in the Woods. At forty yards I was having to aim OFF the target, and this was inside the Wood. I had branches coming down all over the place and had to leave for my own safety. On the way out a small branch hit the top of my Car!! I've always been a believer in the statement "There's no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate clothing" but sometimes you have to listen to Mother Nature and stay at home.

Messages In This Thread
trad or modern - by Sunna - 1 February 2015, 13:14
RE: trad or modern - by Devonian - 1 February 2015, 13:51
RE: trad or modern - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 14:33
RE: trad or modern - by BeardyMan - 1 February 2015, 14:46
RE: trad or modern - by Tartar Horde - 1 February 2015, 15:00
RE: trad or modern - by Midnitemo - 1 February 2015, 16:14
RE: trad or modern - by Mortblanc - 1 February 2015, 19:04
RE: trad or modern - by T-oddity - 1 February 2015, 20:22
RE: trad or modern - by dpack - 8 March 2016, 18:37