Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group??
11 February 2015, 19:36,
RE: 10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group??
(11 February 2015, 16:24)PrepperJohn Wrote: A book that really brought all this kind of stuff home to me and made me rethink everything was One Second After

I think you can find it for free online and there is a full length reading of it on youtube if you haven't read it

I shall have a look for that one, thanks.

(11 February 2015, 16:41)Midnitemo Wrote: the 10'000 bc crew have to many shirkers....

But..... in my experience, the cast (sorry the participants Wink) are probably fairly representative of general society in todays times, which is my worry, the chances are that most people on this forum will in fact be surrounded by these types of shirkers even if they are not part of your immediate group.

(11 February 2015, 16:41)Midnitemo Wrote: even the most innept can do the labouring to free up the people with other skills....water is a constant/firewood collection and processing is a constant/housekeeping/security....fire minding etc these are things people with no specific skills can concentrate on to free up the others to do there particular skills...cross training can take place after they have got into a routine and established themselves as self sufficient

In a 'serious' event, I don't think there will be time for people to learn or cross train, because as we've seen on 10,000BC, a week or 2 in and the unprepared will be at their wits end and during those early days/weeks you really do not want those sorts of people acting as a drain on your resources.....

In time, the survivors will learn to cope and develop new skills for sure, but the early days of desperation will be interesting.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group?? - by Devonian - 11 February 2015, 19:36