Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
super rats
14 February 2015, 18:00,
super rats
cuts in pest control and street cleaning , will lead to

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...arter.html

a rampant infestation of super rats
========================================================================================
is it a bird , is it a plane no its super rat...Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 February 2015, 23:02,
RE: super rats
Buy traps. Nothing develops immunity to a broken neck.
15 February 2015, 12:55,
at first I thought this was just a mail scare story but with many councils doing bin collections every 2 weeks , you can see their point.

steves advice , good.
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 February 2015, 13:32,
Rat traps are good for other things as well, they can be used for trapping squirrels, birds (such as pigeons/magpies etc), small rabbits etc as well, so good to have in your preps.
15 February 2015, 14:51,
I think this is an OLD story, I remember reading something pretty much the same a year or so ago.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2015, 14:57,
The last time I caught a rat of any size in one of those flipper traps he was too big for his neck to break and he got snagged by the tail and decided to take the trap back out the hole he had entered through.

Both rat and trap would not exit the hole and when I grabbed the stuck trap and slung it across the utility room a major battle ensued.

The rat ran up the wall and halfway across the ceiling like a demon possessed fool before nearly falling on top of me as I scrambled for some kind of weapon.

A hiking staff was the closest item at hand and I eventually beat the poor misguided creature to death and flung him into the back garden, but not before wishing I had tied the cuffs of my pants legs shut at the ankles and promising the God or Goddess, whichever one prefers, to lose 10 pounds so I could move faster if this ever happened again.
15 February 2015, 15:25,
(15 February 2015, 14:57)Mortblanc Wrote: The last time I caught a rat of any size in one of those flipper traps he was too big for his neck to break and he got snagged by the tail and decided to take the trap back out the hole he had entered through.

Both rat and trap would not exit the hole and when I grabbed the stuck trap and slung it across the utility room a major battle ensued.

The rat ran up the wall and halfway across the ceiling like a demon possessed fool before nearly falling on top of me as I scrambled for some kind of weapon.

A hiking staff was the closest item at hand and I eventually beat the poor misguided creature to death and flung him into the back garden, but not before wishing I had tied the cuffs of my pants legs shut at the ankles and promising the God or Goddess, whichever one prefers, to lose 10 pounds so I could move faster if this ever happened again.

LOL, I can picture you now with your walking staff trying to fend off the rat!! Smile

But in all seriousness, that is why you are supposed to secure rat traps in place with a wire tether to prevent them scuttling off.
15 February 2015, 16:16,
I favour Fenn traps. Watch your fingers though.
15 February 2015, 16:23,
Are they legal for domestic use in the UK?
15 February 2015, 20:19,
(15 February 2015, 16:23)Devonian Wrote: Are they legal for domestic use in the UK?

In your house, you can set the rules Wink