Poll: Is Putin as big a threat as IS?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they Right?
19 February 2015, 13:06,
Are they Right?
UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has said:

"Putin is as great a threat to Europe as Islamic State,"

Do you agree?

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-ne...ggression/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters...ister.html
19 February 2015, 13:46,
RE: Are they Right?
nato v Russia ... only one winner

nato v Russia ...don't forget the arms dealers
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 February 2015, 20:01,
(19 February 2015, 13:46)Sunna Wrote: nato v Russia ... only one winner

I didn't think there'd be any winners? We'd all be doomed!
19 February 2015, 20:43,
It depends how you mean by threat. In the sense of limiting supplies such as gas, yes I think they're a threat. As for bringing direct physical harm to british citizens, Isis
20 February 2015, 03:39,
Back in the 70 when I was in the Army it was a wild time. We had a Guerilla war going in SE Asia and the threat of conventional war at the Iron Curtain.

While going through some armor training (lead instructor was a British Major) we suddenly realized that all the training was in high speed retreat and setting up tank ambushes.

We asked about this.

We were candidly told that if the Russians came through the gap and NATO threw everything they had at them the Russians would be having dinner in Manchester England in five days.

Our job was to hide, let them pass, hit them from behind, and fight until we were killed, which was inevitable.

Of course that was back in the early '70s and we were geared up better then than we are now.

So were they.
20 February 2015, 12:20, (This post was last modified: 20 February 2015, 12:43 by Sunna.)
this might be true of a surprise attack , but if the cold war gets slowly colder and colder we play arms race again we would win that game.
the one good thing that comes out of testing and re testing of our navy and air force by the Russians is we will get more toys ...[thanks putin ]..

interesting read..... we need more planes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rless.html
20 February 2015, 14:17,
Russia have money, natural resources, new deal with China, control our gas (and Europes) and have a massive army.

ISIS are a bunch of tards running around the desert destroying their own back yard.

So on first inspection you would think that the Ruskies are Danger Danger Danger. BUT, they don't get their fanatic followers to strap on explosives and blow seven shades of shit out of themselves, or get them to behead soldiers in the street.

In a war then Russia would wipe the floor with us, NATO and probably do a huge amount of damage to the US (but who really knows what tricks they have up their sleeves) - no one wins.

We could bomb ISIS even further back into the dark ages than from whence they came; but that costs money, uses resources and stretches our depleted military further than they can cope with at present.

I for one welcome our new Russia overlords. Cool Big Grin
20 February 2015, 15:47,
I think isis will lead us into a boots on the ground war why.....isis are slowly surrounding Israel and Israel call the shots.
20 February 2015, 16:04,
(20 February 2015, 15:47)Sunna Wrote: I think isis will lead us into a boots on the ground war why.....isis are slowly surrounding Israel and Israel call the shots.

Back to guerrilla warfare though, not a good idea. Another unpopular war.

If we weren't so concerned about civilian casualties then we could have them done in no time, with a splendid flash of white, then a huge mushroom cloud...
20 February 2015, 16:10,
I'm not sure ISIS will head towards Israel (at the moment) as they know Israel, like Iran won't take any crap and any kind of incursion will see a full scale retaliation against ISIS, rather than the current fairly limited Air Strikes.

Far more likely that ISIS will look to expand in areas with less resistance, such as through North Africa - Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Sudan, Ethiopia etc... Lots of existing groups that would be happy to align themselves with ISIS just to gain power in their own regions, whilst giving ISIS a huge area for them to hide away from the US/Coalition strikes.....

As for Putin, he is also empire building but I'm not convinced he is stupid enough to start anything against NATO, but he does worry me and I do think that he 'could' crack and do something stupid if he is continually pushed.....