Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Users
11 March 2015, 12:27,
Exclamation  New Users
Whilst it's good that new people can sign up and participate in the forum once again, all the new members I've spotted have definitely been bot created. Look at the bio info:

Additional Info About BeckyDarr
Sex: Female
Bio: Margarita is the name my mothers and fathers gave me but my spouse doesn't like it at all.

I presently live in New York. Distributing manufacturing is what he
does for a residing and it's something he really appreciate.
Body building is what she loves doing. He's not godd at style but you might want to check his website: http://businesscardprintingdubai.blogspo...dubai.html

Additional Info About Effie39Tfo
Bio: I'm a 49 years old, married and working at the university (Social Science Education).

In my free time I teach myself Chinese. I've been twicethere and look forward to returning sometime near future.
I like to read, preferably on my ebook reader. I really love to watch How I Met Your Mother and Grey's Anatomy as well as documentaries about
nature. I like Scrapbooking.

Additional Info About EloyCornet
Sex: Male
Bio: Ricardo Bye is what you can contact me and I adore it. Hawaii is where her
house is. One of her favorite hobbies is cycling and she
would by no means give it up. Hiring is how he supports his family members but he ideas on changing
it. Check out the latest information on her website:
https://www.facebook.com/RunBirdRunHack

Additional Info About LaunaEqgmk
Sex: Other
Bio: Hello! I am Kathlene. I smile that I could join to the
whole world. I live in Austria, in the LOWER AUSTRIA region. I dream to
see the different countries, to obtain acquainted with intriguing individuals.

Additional Info About MelindQJYN
Bio: They call the author Kieth and he completely enjoys this title.
Some time ago he chose to reside in Oregon. To gather
marbles is something my spouse doesn't really like but I do.
She is a pc operator. She's been working on her website for some time now.
Check it out right here: https://Www.Facebook.com/RunBirdRunHack

Additional Info About TiaWineoq
Sex: Other
Bio: Hi, I am Hans Emmert but you can contact me
anything you like. The preferred pastime for her and
her kids is to gather kites and she's been performing it for fairly a whilst.

His home is now in Nevada. Debt gathering is how he makes cash.

Check out her website right here: https://www.quantcast.com/v2mediaadverti...dpress.com
11 March 2015, 13:03,
RE: New Users
This is the reason I stopped the sign up page in the first place.

I'll check the sign ups tonight and see how it is going. Approve what needs approving and delete the rest. from memory it took me ages to remove the bot generated ones. If so I'll replace the pages and instead of pointing to SUK I'll give an email address as a temporary measure.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2015, 14:03,
Is it possible to incorporate a captcha code to stop the bots whilst still allowing genuine users to sign up?
11 March 2015, 14:33,
Great minds Devonian. Just enabled the Captcha option.

There were 200 new users registered and so far, about 25% through, I've not found one real person.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2015, 16:24,
whats a bot???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2015, 16:36,
(11 March 2015, 16:24)bigpaul Wrote: whats a bot???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot
11 March 2015, 18:06,
OK, so all those "New members" that we chomping at the bit to get onto the forum and give a true resurgence of energy are not real people at all, simply web-bots tapping into the demographics for add cookies ??

Imagine that!
11 March 2015, 18:31,
(11 March 2015, 18:06)Mortblanc Wrote: OK, so all those "New members" that we chomping at the bit to get onto the forum and give a true resurgence of energy are not real people at all, simply web-bots tapping into the demographics for add cookies ??

Imagine that!

Give it a chance it's only been 24-48 hours. The problem is the closed sign was up for a good 6+months and people simply couldn't join, but I for one hope we do see some fresh new blood, but nobody is expecting a flood....
11 March 2015, 18:51,
Well, Just went through the lot PhilMcCavity is the only one with a real name so far. Oh.....

Let's see how the Captchas do.
Skean Dhude
11 March 2015, 20:03,
(11 March 2015, 18:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: Well, Just went through the lot PhilMcCavity is the only one with a real name so far. Oh.....

Let's see how the Captchas do.

With that name, probably not a real person.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin