Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Filtering to save the Berkefeld ( or Diesel pump )
14 March 2015, 12:40,
Pre-Filtering to save the Berkefeld ( or Diesel pump )
Depending on where you get your water from, it might have lumps in it.

It's a good idea to filter as many out as possible before passing the water through your expensive ceramic candles, to prolong their life and keep the flow rate up ( or should I say keep it at the standard painfully slow rate as long as possible ).

To that end, as well as indulging my habit of buying anything I won't be able to make for myself, I recently bought an offcuts box of stainless steel mesh:

http://www.themeshcompany.com/products/B...tml#SID=35

It's packed with really usefull stuff, a lot of it, different mesh sizes allow a filter that strains in stages and won't get clogged so easily. The finest mesh looks and feels like finest silk.

As well as water filtering, it will work for diesel scavenged from the bottom of tanks, and a single wrap around my mobile phone cut the signal level from 3 to Zero - so it might offer some EMP protection too. It's naturally slash resistant, but cuts OK with scissors ( use a cheap pair ).

I asked for plenty of the finest grades in my box and they didn't disappoint - there's loads.

Messages In This Thread
Pre-Filtering to save the Berkefeld ( or Diesel pump ) - by Steve - 14 March 2015, 12:40