Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two recent low key news items
9 January 2012, 19:42, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2012, 19:54 by bigpaul.)
RE: Two recent low key news items
(9 January 2012, 11:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: Cheapest option is to find one of the old ROC bunkers that were abandoned by the govt and filled with soil at the end of the cold war, they are located in a grid pattern every 16 miles right across the UK, some have been destroyed, some filled with concrete, some used by farmers and a few by survivalists, but many were just filled in.

NR, i've been on the website that lists the old ROC bunkers, the only one i know of in my area was sold in 2010, if they are in a grid pattern is there any way of working out where the next one in the line would be located??
OK i've just found the list for my area with map references, anybody else want to find their area ones go to: http://www.rocbunkers.co.uk and http://www.cashota.co.uk
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2012, 20:07,
Downloaded them all. One is within a few miles of me and I've been past it but it is well off the road so never seen it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 January 2012, 20:23,
(9 January 2012, 20:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Downloaded them all. One is within a few miles of me and I've been past it but it is well off the road so never seen it.

yeah, ones supposed to be very near me, but i think i read on another site somewhere that its just a post in the ground.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2012, 20:51,
I'm too new to the area to know which are near me :'(
10 January 2012, 10:34,
RE: UK chaos in one week
(9 January 2012, 15:32)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 January 2012, 15:04)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 January 2012, 13:08)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 January 2012, 12:25)Sphinx Wrote: Everyone should read "Last Light" by Alex Scarrow, a brilliant novel about the collapse of UK society. I won't spoil it for you but it is awesome and has a great sequel. If I make it to the book sharing event I will bring a copy. Plus it's a nice way to introduce the idea of prepping to sceptical spouses and family members, no tinfoil hat required Smile

I hate that book and its sequel with a passion !!Confused

i like the book but i think it was unnessary to have the sub plot with the hired killer......that really messed it up for me.....otherwise a good book.
I gave up on the second one it nearly put me to sleep.

Well I liked it, and the sequel Blush I live in Manchester and am from Suffolk originally. It was nice to have both of these places mentioned, in fact in the sequel they probably went through my backyard. There were a few holes in it and I wouldn't use it as a survival manual but the wife liked it and thinks me slightly less of a nutter so mission accomplished Tongue
10 January 2012, 10:42,
RE: UK chaos in one week
(10 January 2012, 10:34)Sphinx Wrote: Well I liked it, and the sequel Blush I live in Manchester and am from Suffolk originally. It was nice to have both of these places mentioned, in fact in the sequel they probably went through my backyard. There were a few holes in it and I wouldn't use it as a survival manual but the wife liked it and thinks me slightly less of a nutter so mission accomplished Tongue

Try the book version of the Last Train, or There Falls No Shadow by David Crossley, Death of Grass is great for travelling through the UK

10 January 2012, 11:24,
I shall try the Death of grass, I found it free at http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/V...ath_O.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 January 2012, 19:25,
Downloaded them all for my collection.
Thank you.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 January 2012, 19:56,
REf the ROC Bunkers, go to Wikipedia and look up the Royal Observer Corps, on one of the pages at the bottom is a link to every UK bunker in Alphabetical order, and their grid references.

10 January 2012, 20:02,
(10 January 2012, 19:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: REf the ROC Bunkers, go to Wikipedia and look up the Royal Observer Corps, on one of the pages at the bottom is a link to every UK bunker in Alphabetical order, and their grid references.

Try this link http://www.rocbunkers.co.uk/ROC%20LISTS/...NGLAND.pdf

UKS