Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judiciary post SHTF
28 April 2015, 19:24,
Judiciary post SHTF
So, I was reading an article about yet another foreign criminal who had won the right to stay in this country due to some plea or other (probably owning a pet snail that couldn't travel), and I began to wonder what would happen to the Judiciary post SHTF. Repressing the urge to chuck something at my laptop screen, after reading about yet another Judge with a tendancy to avoid difficult sentencing (I'm sure some of those Judges have propensities for the activities they end up dealing with on the Bench), I wondered how this could all change post-SHTF. Would it be a chance to rip the current system up and start again from basics. Perhaps going back to the feudal-type hearings of "days of yore" when the Lord of the area heard the cases and meted out the judgements, or perhaps going even further back to the biblical "eye for an eye" stuff. Would any of you go along with the current situation with regard to local Courts and larger Crown Courts in the bigger towns and cities?

When I say Judiciary, I don't mean Police Force, I mean Courts and Judges. I am sure we have all growled at some of the unfair and unbelievable cases reported in the daily press, but would you care about dealing with troublemakers, and how would you set it up? After the initial confusion some form of force for law would need to be set up, and would your remit include dealing with troublemakers? Would you be more lenient if you understood the reasons behind, say, thefts? Would you be tough on people committing crimes of violence, or prefer to stay under the radar? Would illegal immigrants matter any more (if any survived), and would you feel more territorial about your own country?

Please don't come back with quotes from George Washington, or somesuch, I'm interested in your opinions.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 April 2015, 19:46,
RE: Judiciary post SHTF
The stoning in THE LIFE OF BRIAN springs to mind Mary..... judges no not a chance....groups of ten or twelve...just and true does it for me ....on anything....except pedo,s who i would happily despatch ...for free.....very slowly i might add ....if the ten or twelve got it wrong ...and were proved wrong or jiggery pokery were found out the price would be ten or twelve doing time or death by Des Oconner 2 lps should do the job !
28 April 2015, 20:21,
I think SS is right and I think there will be large variations and differences in how and what justice is discharged.

All such issues would most likely be dealt with on a local or regional basis and would most likely be dealt with promptly with little opportunity to collect evidence or build a defence. Sentences with be harsh, short and sweet.

How would I set it up? I wouldn't, I'd have nothing to do with it, or those involved and I'd steer well clear. There would be far too many back stabbing opportunists involved and the safest place would be well away from those involved!
28 April 2015, 23:19,
Its a powderkeg....I think we will all become tribal and strangers who commit crimes real or imagined can expect to be dealt with punitively , I don't think one person should have the power to sentence people as it's open to abuse , committee/panel with a majority verdict will be the way to go' big question is how or even who sits on these panels.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 April 2015, 23:40,
Given the circumstances Midnite the big Question could well be a hard one to crack for sure ...but the fairest NTL until something strong could evolve any structure will take time....even corrupt ones.
29 April 2015, 01:29,
People who have useful skills and support community, helping neighbors, will always be welcome, whatever their staus. Brigham Young said that it cheaper to feed the Indians than to fight them. While you might show compassion for someone who steals to feed his family, there is a slippery slope between tolerant charity and lawlessness. If you reward negative behavior, you encourage it to escalate. Offer food for work ir barter, but be clear that outright thievery will not be tolerated.

Resources will be scarce and you cannot sacrifice your community to sustain the malbushim.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 April 2015, 08:20,
post SHTF WROL you will be your own judge, jury and executioner. whatever you decide you will have to live with it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2015, 18:00,
You do realize that what you are proposing is your own version of Sharia Law?

strictly defined laws

mandatory sentencing

death penalty for sex crimes

"Post event" you will not have the luxury of prisons. There will be no jail time for minor crimes because there will not be food for the prisoners.

That leaves only execution for major crime, corporal punishment such as whipping, branding and mutilation for minor offenses or banishment/outlawing for some or the ever popular "time at hard labor" where one earns his keep as he goes.

I think you have tried all of this before and failed.

Just keep in mind that there was a time when your criminal element was so well populated that you filled several continents with your refuse. Has anything changed?
29 April 2015, 18:08,
banishment/outlawry is a non starter, they can come back with others and attack you since they now know where you are, and that you have supplies.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2015, 20:32,
SO what,s your proposal MB , i can,t see one being offered up ?