Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life-Prep balance
20 June 2015, 10:26,
Life-Prep balance
Let's not joke about. If (or when) something is going to happen, then we need to be prepared for it.

But at the same time, we also need to enjoy the good times before any event happens.

In your life, are you sacrificing the relationships with neighbours, colleagues, family, and the alike, for prepping purposes? Do you spend a weekend prepping, storing, and the alike, or do you relax with the kids, enjoy a little leisure time, do your hobbies?

Don't get me wrong, a lot of my hobbies translate to prepping activites, e.g. staying fit, running, swimming, weights, hunting, climbing, camping, learning survival skills, gardening, building crap in the garden, going self sufficient, and the alike. I have no doubt many people on the forum are similar to me in that respect. Leisure time and prep building are HUGELY overlapped.

But summer is coming, so it'd be interesting to know if people are planning to prep hard for winter, that's cool. Summer means cheap winter clothing. Or whether people are planning to spend a little more leisure time relaxing.

Prep, and prep hard, but make time to enjoy things while they're good.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 June 2015, 14:47,
RE: Life-Prep balance
Prepping doesn't hugely interfere with the life I had previously....I still holiday abroad , still go to big cities etc etc I'm just a little more aware of what could be , I've had a growing unease about the world and it's workings for quite a while before I started prepping but that unease grew to a level that made me start taking action(stocking up/buying specific kit) I'm not a really an apocalypse kind of prepper I just feel the need to be ahead of the masses a buffer if you like just so as we can get by and re asses a bit further down the tracks when the dust has settled.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
20 June 2015, 18:29,
Are you out there in the back garden digging a bunker using only a garden trowel again?

Consider this; If prepping is a normal activity, and you are doing it in a normal way, it should not interfere with a normal life, should it?

If you are obsessing to the point that you can not take part in normalcy then you are not surviving NOW, and you will not survive post event.
21 June 2015, 14:26,
(20 June 2015, 10:26)Scythe13 Wrote: But summer is coming, so it'd be interesting to know if people are planning to prep hard for winter, that's cool.

I bought a load of cheap coal recently, and will soon add to my woodpile.
21 June 2015, 16:18,
I am perfectly happy with my prepping life..this is MY "normal" so what,s the big deal ? ....if you want to bugger off on holls then go right ahead......or anything you deem to be normal for you....who is stopping you ? DO WHAT YOU LIKE.....Blind Faith....great drum solo by Mr Ginger Baker