Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A SIMPLE QUESTION
27 June 2015, 16:23, (This post was last modified: 27 June 2015, 16:27 by Midnitemo.)
RE: A SIMPLE QUESTION
small coin's are my prefered option , I have some silver Brittania's (ounce) coins and a few sovereign's/half sovereign's....never had enough spare to buy a gold brittania(ounce)but one day hopefully I will.....different sizes equateto the change factor.

not saying precious metals are particularly for during an event but after when humans go back to acquiring wealth and becoming entrepreneurs/mogul's again....someone who lives very well is going to want to build up there wealth in other way's once they have more than enough chattels/goods/livestock/land.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 June 2015, 17:55,
Good point MB .....chains.....excellent idea ! ....never crossed my mind...in a post last year ( can,t remember who ) i think it was Argentina.....purity of gold was not that important ( for the seller ) all you would get for rings etc was scrap value ...so beware ! coins were a different matter though....thing is....i am not suggesting (even if you could ) going nuts to buy gold or silver...all i am saying is ....it would make good sense to hold SOME however little you can afford....its all about OUR preperations ....and long term investments....or just a plain HEDGE.
27 June 2015, 21:59,
(27 June 2015, 17:55)Straight Shooter Wrote: Good point MB .....chains.....excellent idea ! ....never crossed my mind...in a post last year ( can,t remember who ) i think it was Argentina.....purity of gold was not that important ( for the seller ) all you would get for rings etc was scrap value ...so beware ! coins were a different matter though....thing is....i am not suggesting (even if you could ) going nuts to buy gold or silver...all i am saying is ....it would make good sense to hold SOME however little you can afford....its all about OUR preperations ....and long term investments....or just a plain HEDGE.

We're on my favourite topic of conversation!

It depends on what you're prepping for really. If, like BP, you think it'll be an EOTWAWKI that will last 100 years or more before civilisation rebuilds, then precious metals would be pretty pointless for your lifetime.

If you foresee the event as a horrific version of the great depression, where food and jobs are equally hard come by, then precious metals would be a potential life saver! What's more, if you're set for food, then precious metals would be a GREAT way to start investing in other mediums, e.g. property, land, stocks, etc. So post event, you're living it large.

And then there's those prepping for less major events. Job loss and the alike. For these events, precious metals can be good if purchased well, e.g. buy low, sell high, style timing. But there is no guarantee on this. For me, I am happy to sell at a price 25+% higher than I purchased at. So if I became jobless today, I'd be okay selling all the PMetal we have. MCavity knows how I like to buy my metals! CHEAP AS CHIPS!!! But each and everyone has to prep for what they can see coming, or what they believe is coming.

If I saw the world through doomsday eyes, I'd not bother with PMetals. But I am more of an optimist, and the things I believe are coming, will be largely buffered against with PMetals. 2-3 years, and PM's will be gloriously beneficial. SD knows my logic to it, and it's calculated. I think 2016 to 2018 will be a massive financial storm, much larger than 2007.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin