Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill Your Phone
7 July 2015, 08:56,
Kill Your Phone
I'm sure we all know the dangers we face being tacked by our phones even if turned off.

Came across this little site which shows how to get some RF Shielded Material to make a kind of Faraday Cage for your phone.

http://killyourphone.com/
7 July 2015, 16:07,
RE: Kill Your Phone
Just been looking at this whilst eating a packet of crisps, salt n vinegar by the way and its one of those foil type packets, which got me thinking, sooo I just finished off the crisps, nice too I do like a packet of salt and vinegar now and then, stuck my phone in the empty packet and sealed it up with a paper clip and tries to phone my mobile with the house phone and it wouldn't connect, guess that's me sorted then. Smile
7 July 2015, 18:25,
or we just use one of the old style phones like I have.

On the other hand if your phone is small enough a Capri-Sun pouch makes an excellent shield.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 July 2015, 20:04, (This post was last modified: 7 July 2015, 20:07 by Mortblanc.)
All this complication, just pull the battery.

Don't worry you are still popular, they are tracking you on CCTV.

Then there is that locater chip the doctor injected while you weren't looking.

If they only made a human sized chip bag!

BTW, why are we hiding? Did someone tell them about our baked beans?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AY1L...FHQNKK85H3
7 July 2015, 20:23,
Sorry for my ignorance, but how can your phone be tracked if it's powered off? When I power mine on, it has to locate a mast and "handshake" with the network, so I assumed that when it's powered off, it is not connected to the network.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
7 July 2015, 20:52,
You must pull out the battery AND the SIM card, and even that is no guarantee if NSA or GCHQ really want your location.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201307...tion.shtml

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/...d_off.html

The FBI's use, in which cell phones' microphones were remotely activated to record conversations (even with the phones turned off), probably had some bearing on Snowden's request that journalists power down their phones and place them in the fridge.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 July 2015, 06:14,
Why the sim card?

Without power it can do nothing,
8 July 2015, 07:09,
does it matter that much? I use an old style Nokia phone, no apps, no camera, just phone calls and texts, its only used for emergencies as we have a land line for normal calls. I haven't even taken it out of its case for a month or so, just check it very rarely to see if it needs charging. post event..no power...it'll be thrown in the drawer and ignored.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 July 2015, 08:25,
I suppose being 'tracked' potentially everywhere we go is a price we pay for our 'wonderful' way of life here on this lovely little island.
Personally I couldn't care less if someone wants to waste their life checking up on me all the time. After a while they would realise that they are just wasting their time, and tax payers' money, and go and poke their 'nose' into the life of someone else.
I only use my mobile when I leave the house and when I am at home it is switched off. The device has many more facilites on it than I will ever use but it was a convenient, for me, size and price at the time I bought it to replace the ancient item that had finally failed to do what it was designed to do - make and receive calls.
8 July 2015, 19:09,
T-Oddity - "Just been looking at this whilst eating a packet of crisps, salt n vinegar by the way and its one of those foil type packets, which got me thinking, sooo I just finished off the crisps, nice too I do like a packet of salt and vinegar now and then, stuck my phone in the empty packet and sealed it up with a paper clip and tries to phone my mobile with the house phone and it wouldn't connect, guess that's me sorted then."

Friends of mine used to steal CD's from HMV using that system. Many people tinfoil line (3 layers of lining) hand bags and steal from Tesco like that. Also, those frozen cool bags that are silver lined, they shield from electrical frequencies too. So ingenious, I used to let them get away with it. Glad I'm not doing security work there now haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin