Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Year’s Supply of Food on a Budget
14 July 2015, 21:25, (This post was last modified: 14 July 2015, 21:27 by Jonas.)
RE: A Year’s Supply of Food on a Budget
SD, I live in a place where we get 3 chef-prepared meals per day. I really don't use any foods every day. I have a very small kitchen with a microwave ad a tiny refrigerator. I also have an outdoor gas propane grill on my patio. Stocking canned/frozen food here is not an option. That's why I'm going with the dried food route, with the exception of canned meats.

Quote:RE: A Year’s Supply of Food on a Budget
I would add some powdered butter, a couple of big jars of generic coffee creamer, 10# of coffee and 5# of sugar and at least one more box of salt with all that bland crap you have.

I would also add a couple of BIG jars of bacon bits and a big economy sized container of dried, diced onions.

You might have a 90 day supply there but it sure looks a tasteless mess of protein-less carbohydrates.

Jonas, you are older than I am, and I'm old as dirt! How do you plan on traveling the 1500 miles from VA to Texas "post event"?

You carrying a Bible to Alcatraz or the Alamo or something?

Mort, I still have my 7 passenger van (with Texas plates and a Texas drivers license), so Texas is about 28 hours away with gas stops. I do have a place to run to in Texas. The coffee, sugar, and creamer is a good idea. Some chocolate may work too. I do have the onions, but the bacon bits are a good idea. Hopefully, I can get out of here real fast, but if not, I'll shelter in place until things wind down. I know, not the best of options but the best that I can see under the circumstances.

And yes, I have a Bible, but I won't be headed to San Antonio.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Messages In This Thread
A Year’s Supply of Food on a Budget - by Jonas - 14 July 2015, 17:19
RE: A Year’s Supply of Food on a Budget - by Jonas - 14 July 2015, 21:25