Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jungle rock
8 August 2015, 12:26,
jungle rock
so your living in the jungle in Calais france , you want to get into the land of milk and honey [the uk] .
how would you do this

would you try to rush the tunnel
or
try to be a lone wolf trying another way.

lets say your male 45yrs old fit and speak a little English.
Survive the jive (youtube )
8 August 2015, 12:57,
RE: jungle rock
try a different route, maybe Roscoff/Plymouth, slip in as a day tripper maybe? or get a job on a British bound trawler or coaster?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 August 2015, 17:00,
Yes this is one thing I don't understand.

Surely they could just go into Paris buy a ticket and travel through the tunnel on Eurostar all the way into London???

Free movement of travel throughout Europe surely means no passport control etc at the train stations? I've never used the Chunnel so not sure if this is right or not?
8 August 2015, 17:13,
not if their illegal immigrants Dev, which is I think the whole point of the Calais thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 August 2015, 18:18,
In Paris when checking in for the Eurostar train to London you must pass through both French and British passport control before boarding the train.

If you don't hold a European Union passport, you have to complete a declaration card for British Immigration control.

This would pose a problem for the Jungle residents as no doubt some of them may not even have a passport from their country of origin. Even if they have plenty of funds, getting into Britain and claiming asylum is a bit tricky. Some countries of origin require a visa to enter Britain.

By sea in a small boat still has to be the least detectable way into Britain. But not via the English Channel. It will be interesting to observe how these very resourceful people overcome the problem since they already living in a SHTF situation.
8 August 2015, 18:33, (This post was last modified: 8 August 2015, 18:38 by Sunna.)
when I worked the doors I ran one club in Cheltenham very popular with students many from overseas , the guys and gals from Africa who I had to id would show me a photo coped a4 sheet of paper with the name address and age just typed in and no photo , it was a legal document in their country and all they had , I was told to accept it.

this is a uk company .....I wonder if their might just be a few running out of Africa / or any place ....Confused

http://www.myfakeid.biz/
Survive the jive (youtube )
8 August 2015, 20:37, (This post was last modified: 8 August 2015, 20:40 by Devonian.)
OK, understand about passport control for Eurostar.

Going back to the Calais situation, are they immigrants or illegal immigrants (under French law), if they are illegal, surely they should simply be rounded up and put in detention centres to be processed by the French or given the option of a free one-way ticket back to where they came from?

PS, Welcome to the forum Tipi, it maybe worth you nipping over the welcome/Introductions section to say hello.

http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=86