Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Knowledge: How to Rebuild our World from Scratch
9 August 2015, 18:38,
The Knowledge: How to Rebuild our World from Scratch
Anybody read this book? I'm loving it about a third of the way in now...well written , well researched and chock full of interesting stuff(to me anyway) I've not got beyond the immediate emergency preps stage yet so this is quite enlightening for the next stage that I shall need to address(once I'm upto speed with my current needs)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 August 2015, 19:34,
RE: The Knowledge: How to Rebuild our World from Scratch
I'm at the same stage with it although I'm not reading it very fast. I've found it interesting so far.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 August 2015, 04:29,
I read it through.

Way too simplistic in some areas and overly complicated in others. Your need to make a waterwheel for self and community might be evident after a crop of wheat comes in but your need to make a blast furnace, not so much, what with the tons of scrap already available.

A good guide to have before SHTF but having it is not doing it.

We still need to be taking first aid classes, raising plants and raising small livestock when we can, doing some projects and craft work just to keep out skill level up.
10 August 2015, 08:52,
I'm enjoying it because it's alerting me to area's I need to address that I know little or nothing about...soil care and crop rotation for instance(I'm the most un greenfingered person you will ever meet)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 August 2015, 18:23,
Looking into this now. Listening to interviews with the author and the alike. It's definitely one I'm putting on my reading list…probably next book I buy to be fair.

Thanks for the heads up Mo.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 August 2015, 04:45,
I down loaded it free.
11 August 2015, 10:30,
there are plenty of books out there in the same vein, you might like to try these too(two): "When technology fails", a manual for self-reliance, sustainability,and surviving the long emergency. by Matthew Stein ISBN 978-1-933392-45-5 and "Beyond Collapse", surviving and rebuilding civilisation from scratch, by T.Joseph Miller jnr ISBN 9781480140806
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.