Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic Cloud
13 August 2015, 16:33,
Toxic Cloud
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-city.html

What would you do.

You are in the path of this present danger. It is not TEOTWAWKI, so your "bug out to the woods" plan does not fit. Neither does you "sit at home and wait it out" plan.

You absolutely, positively have to leave, but you will return to "normalcy" within a couple of weeks.
13 August 2015, 16:39,
RE: Toxic Cloud
grab bob and a few more clothes and head in an oblique direction from the wind. Travel at least 100-200 miles. Hole up in a cheap hotel - keep receipts - try and claim on the insurance when I get back
13 August 2015, 19:56,
My BOV is ready...most of the preps are always on board...but i would load some other items...they stand ready...and easy to load within two mins ....we would be off....out of the path of it...
14 August 2015, 08:14,
the prevailing wind here comes out of the Atlantic and is AWAY from the south west, even if Plymouth Dockyard exploded the cloud would still be heading out of the south west within an hour or two.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 August 2015, 00:24,
Great scenario.

Simple answer, get out the way, check news regularly on radio. Probably slum it in the car, or find a cheap hotel to stay in. Contact insurance company asap. The biggest issue would be the animals. Maybe have to say bye to the smaller ones.

Would probably end up staying with family up North, or Oxford, or even just stay over at SD's house (or vice versa if it was the other way round).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin