Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Cart
17 August 2015, 03:57,
Hand Cart
I have put this in the vehicles section because it is now part of my vehicle kit.

Last week I bought a "game cart", which is a two wheeled contraption designed to easily roll 250-300 pounds either cross country or down the road.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/i...?a=1583103

I purchased this as my reaction to realizing I am now old as dirt, have had three back surgeries and two heart attacks and I am not toting an Alice pack, or any other kind of pack, for 10 feet down then road.

This gizmo folds nearly flat and rides in the back of the vehicle. If I am forced to walk home due to weather or stoppage of traffic flow I can load my get home gear on this little goodie and amble down the road with no stress on my aging frame.

I was forced to go through the entire device and replace all the cheap assembly clips with bolts and suitable wing nuts.
17 August 2015, 09:19,
RE: Hand Cart
anyone seen these in the uk?
17 August 2015, 12:14,
I have a four wheeled trolley which is intended for a similar purpose. I suspect it won't be anywhere near as compact as that one will be stored.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 August 2015, 13:53,
Go to any carpet showroom and they will have Carpet Dollys which are very similar in design to what MB has purchased, they won't be collapsible and they will most likely have pneumatic as opposed to solid tyres, but you could easily adapt it to form a useful load lugging trolley.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&si...MdLLz5EBRE
17 August 2015, 14:02,
you can purchase CARGO trailers which can be towed behind a bicycle, just look on Ebay.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 August 2015, 20:03,
Looks a great piece of kit MB ....i did post a while back ....I was going to make a trolley / cart ....looking at the pics i think i will make the same type of design i have all the bits in my workshop , a nice easy project ....in fact i will make two....will post pics when i sort them....i doubt i will make them fully collapsible though ...but they will fold flat .
17 August 2015, 22:04,
Mind you, we could just use wheelbarrows Smile

Should be plenty of them around in the future.
18 August 2015, 00:04,
It would be easy to modify a mover's trolley with better wheels to achieve the same effect. If you can weld, then you'll be able to create similar here in the UK.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 August 2015, 00:37,
I have both two wheeled movers dollies and a 4 wheel lawn cart but this one is quite different in that neither of them will collapse into a flat package.

It also has big wheels, which means it is easier to roll over rough terrain.

It has the long cargo shelf which allows a better load arrangement to maintain zero weight when balanced and pulled.

And, unlike a wheelbarrow, it does not have to be balanced laterally against load shifts.

I installed all the new fasteners and assembled it, then broke it down and stashed it in the back of the SUV with the big tote in which I keep the rest of the gear stored. It takes up no additional room other than lifting the tote about 3 inches higher than it was, but still not above the seat level.

I do think I will add a couple of pieces to the handle bar for added leverage.

I am not sure if these are available in the UK, or if they would be listed in the same manner as here.

We call them "game carts" and that might not be a suitable name for the same item over there. They might be called hiking carts or something else. This one was made in China so you might be able to get one as easy as me. They are all shipped half way round the world.

Mine is too wide to roll down the isle of a bus or other public transport, but if it were a bit narrower it would be dandy for folks that have to use PT to access their camping areas.

Sportsman's Guide ships to GB but I am not familiar with the shipping rates. I know when I try to ship to over there it cost and arm and leg.
15 February 2021, 13:38,
As you can see ......I do not hang about making stuff !