• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Moving Missiles Into Position
21 August 2015, 10:00,
North Korea Moving Missiles Into Position
Maybe just a little sabre rattling but keep an eye on this one

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news/worl...c750b.html
21 August 2015, 12:20,
RE: North Korea Moving Missiles Into Position
As serious as the situation may be, I struggle to take anything seriously that comes out of North Korea.

I'm pretty sure NK knows that any full scale conflict would simply result in their total destruction, hence they are happy to maintain the pretence through minor skirmishes with South Korea, it all helps them to maintain control over their own population.
21 August 2015, 12:30,
NK is a long way from North Devon, I don't tend to worry about it too much.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2015, 15:34,
Wait till the Peoples Republic of Cornwall gets armed
21 August 2015, 15:45,
(21 August 2015, 15:34)River Song Wrote: Wait till the Peoples Republic of Cornwall gets armed

So you've heard of the pasty wars and the more recent cream team uprisings.....
21 August 2015, 16:54,
we can always blow up the Tamar Bridge if MK get too stroppyBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2015, 16:41,
To me the biggest danger in that particular conflict is the location of Soel from the DMZ.

The North does not even need a delivery system to wipe out the S Korean capitol. They can wait for one of those frontal systems to sweep down from Manchuria, load a big old dirty bomb on a flat bed truck, roll it down to the DMZ and touch it off without ever leaving their side of the border or invading S Korean territory.

The blast would not kill many, but the fallout radiation might kill half of S. Korea, and the North could claim an accidental discharge and fight the issue in world court for years.

If I were in that situation, and had access to nukes, I would have my side of the DMZ lined with them, simply as a tactical deterrent. They do not have to be launched, dropped from planes or slung by catapult.
22 August 2015, 21:51,
I wonder how many megatons it would take to turn South Korea into an island?

Or just shut off all trade with DPRK including food and medicine and let nature take its course...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
23 August 2015, 19:15,
The concept of turning NK in to an island has been on the table since 1950!

I am not certain if the NK leaders keep tabs on western habits but it is not beyond the realm of impossibility that if NK were to send troops over the border, a false flag small crude nuke might be tossed into some remote area of SK, justifying nuke retaliation and wiping NK off the map, ending this problem.

I would condone that action over the resumption of what was left off at the end of the last hostilities.

Or we could just let them have SK. Most of us would never notice the difference.