Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lidl: electric chain saws for £49.99
25 August 2015, 08:59,
RE: Lidl: electric chain saws for £49.99
MB is very correct....huge amounts of firewood are required, even here in the UK.

Most of you are aware i changed from a Rayburn range ...which i could cook on ...bake bread in the oven....heat hot water and heat 3 small rads....this had a small fire box ...logs about 8" 4 cords of wood would see us through winter with 2 ton of coal.

This was changed to a STRATFORD 125,000 btu multifuel boiler ..this heated the whole cottage 15 rads, and hot water.....big fire box now logs 20 " long.....results......9 cords of wood 6 ton of coal, now i know my wife was ill ...but this is not sustainable for me even with my brand new chain saw ,5 ton spliter, a tipping trailer, and 4 x 4 and the means to go get plenty of wood.

The change

1. a smaller home.....i mean small !
2. 5" insulation everywhere floor ,walls,ceiling,roof, plus extra 2" on outer walls
3. solar panels 14 off on the roof
4. water wheel generater 12 volt system
5. Rayburn range ...new one
6.tripple glazed class A windows argon gas filled

as MB points out on a regular basis, being vintage slows you up....forget shtf ...just being vintage is enough to be going on with....so i am prepping for that first, is my truth....i to am slowing up, i intend to be warm and comfortable in the dead of winter.

Messages In This Thread
Lidl: electric chain saws for £49.99 - by bigpaul - 24 August 2015, 12:50
RE: Lidl: electric chain saws for £49.99 - by Straight Shooter - 25 August 2015, 08:59